Sunn AMP

alias75alias75 Posts: 37
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Gearheads, I need some help. My friend asked me to help her sell this Sunn Amp, it's a bass amp, but I am unsure as to what would be a fair price to list it for. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. It's a Sunn Amp SB 160. I know they are no longer made after Sunn was bought out up by Fender back in the day. It's in great working condition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Honestly Ebay is the spot to see what they are going for. If i was at home I'd look it up for you. Won't be back till monday
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I can't find anything on ebay or harmony-central...sorry man
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • alias75alias75 Posts: 37
    that's ok, thanks though. I have searched ebay as well and found nothing. Any idea of what something like this should go for. My friend sais she saw one go for $900 once, does that make sense. I honestly don't know anything about this type of stuff, just trying to help a friend out. I figured I'd come here first since this is the spot for gear heads. Most people here should know a lot more than I do. Thanks again for all your help.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Sunn 1965-2002 started by brothers Conrad and Norm Sundhold - Norm sold to Conrad in
    '69. Conrad sold to the Hartzell Corporation od Minnesota aroun '72. Fender acquired the
    brand in '85 shartly after parting ways with CBS, and used the brand until '89.
    Fender resurected the brand in '98, but quit offering the name in '02.
    Okay, enough history . . .

The only combo Sunn amp I have listed that's even close to what you're talking about is the
    SB-200 (1985, 200watts, 1X15", 4-band EQ, master volume, compressor).
    My 2008 VG Price Guide has this SB-200 (mind you in excellent all original condition) listed
    at: $300 (on the low end) and $400 (on the high end).

The value of the SB-160 (160-watts) would probably come in between $160-$200 (depending
    on the condition). Sunn didn't really make very many expensive bass amps, and most of their
    bass combo's are listed between the $150 and $400 price range (in excellent condition).
    Hope this helps - Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • alias75alias75 Posts: 37
    That definitely Helps. Thanks so much. Now I know what to ask for it. This one is in excellent condition so maybe mid through that range would be good for it. Thanks again for all your help.