edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
The Edge =)
then I'd have to say:::Andy Summers and Mike is up there too
Adge
12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    SRV, without a doubt. just watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETYVMP5SfGs and tell me that he didn't shit over everyone. simple amazing. his intensity is something that cannot be taught or learned. one must be born with that kind of showmanship. he did it without being tacky. sure, he copied his style heavily from his idol hendrix, but his music stands alone. he was a genius, plain and simple.
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    David Gilmour and Stone and Ben Harper and ...
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    The one i'm listening to....

mmmmmmm, Kirk Hammett, Gilmour, Page, Mike, Jackie White, John Lee Hooker, Stone, Papa Het, Slash, Jimi, SRV, Satch........
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Hasn't this been discussed??
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    SRV
    Jimi Hendrix
    Slash
    Joe Perry
    David Gilmour
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SRV
    John Frusciante
    Marc Ford
    Hendrix
    Mike McCready
    Jimmy Page
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Props are due to Roy Buchanan.
    and there was a guy called Danny Gatton, aka "The Humbler", who other guitarists used to travel for miles to see to be shocked and awed. I ahev never heard anything, but he is supposed to be the ants nipples !!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    steven van zandt
    McCready
    warren hayes

my first, last and only post in this forum, haha
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

steven van zandt
    McCready
    warren hayes

NO you will have to respond the the fact tht you missplet Warren Haynes name, you city slicking smartarse !!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    NO you will have to respond the the fact tht you missplet Warren Haynes name, you city slicking smartarse !!
    dam that silent n :o. and you misplet that, you forgot the a. wisarse :)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

steven van zandt
    McCready
    warren hayes

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    John F is my no. 1

Mike
    Morello
    Einziger

After that i dont really have fav's
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It's a tie between Neil Young and SRV for me. Two completely different styles... really depends on the mood I'm in.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • John 5
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Jimi Hendrix.
  • Trey Anastasio
    John Scofield
    Derek Trucks as of recently
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Page,mccready,hendrix
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    John Frusciante

...yeah, I forgot him...

...plus I am really into Rocco Deluca now...
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    JOE "Satch" SATRIANI nothing more needs to be said.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• My username says it all
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    My username says it all

I love SRV too but he's passed on to a better place way too early. Loved his playing.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Mike McCready, Tommy Emmanuel, SRV, Lobby Lloyd, Young Bros.
  • scot88 wrote:
    SRV, without a doubt. just watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETYVMP5SfGs and tell me that he didn't shit over everyone. simple amazing. his intensity is something that cannot be taught or learned. one must be born with that kind of showmanship. he did it without being tacky. sure, he copied his style heavily from his idol hendrix, but his music stands alone. he was a genius, plain and simple.

i agree with you - stevie ray vaughan is with out a doubt the greatest guitarist to ever walk the earth. A personal favorite of mine has always been slash and the raw sound he produces, but SRV is the best.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • SRV
    Warren Haynes
    Mike Mccready
    Albert King
    Clapton
    Jimmy
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    The Edge =)
    then I'd have to say:::Andy Summers and Mike is up there too

you are dq'd.......he can't play.

me, too.......mark bryant
  • yeah he fucking can.
    just because he isnt busting out into 10 min. solos all the time...
    He has his own sound which I appreciate more than anything. Im glad he isnt copying like alot of guitarists do.
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • yeah he fucking can.
    just because he isnt busting out into 10 min. solos all the time...
    He has his own sound which I appreciate more than anything. Im glad he isnt copying like alot of guitarists do.

you go girl!
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • adam sandler
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • scot88 wrote:

agreed i can't believe that there were people sitting at the end that video ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....