Please help with State of Love and Trust

Mira Zaki PhotoMira Zaki Photo Posts: 37
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have been searching high and low for the sheet music to State of Love and Trust, not just the tabs. I want this for a tattoo, can anyone please help?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Probably your best shot is to get a Guitar Pro tab. That'll show the standard notation as well as tabs. of course, you'll need Guitar Pro to be able to see the GP tab in the first place.

I would help, but my guitar pro seems to be messing up the standard notation (showing loads of massive Bs and Cs instead of the usual quavers etc.). Odd.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    fowls wrote:
    Probably your best shot is to get a Guitar Pro tab. That'll show the standard notation as well as tabs. of course, you'll need Guitar Pro to be able to see the GP tab in the first place.

I would help, but my guitar pro seems to be messing up the standard notation (showing loads of massive Bs and Cs instead of the usual quavers etc.). Odd.

What is Guitar Pro Tab?? I looked up the website....can you play a song and it will tab out the music????? Would you recommend it highly and explain if possible for me?
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I wish! Anyone who could write a program to tab music from mp3 form would be a millionaire!

It's a tabbing program that puts all the tracks together and can play the tab (albeit in dodgy musak form). The benefit of it is you can listen to the tab in real time to play along with (especially helpful to get timing right), plus it has all tracks together so has tabs for a whole band: vocals, guitars, bass, piano, drums etc.

The only problem I find with it is since it plays the tab in real time, you have to write a tab in really fine detail or else when you play the tab in the player it won't sound right. I've tried writing tabs on GP and it always ends up a mess, I think some moderate knowledge of music theory is needed for it to sound any good. But it's easy enough to find decent tabs for most songs on http://www.Ultimate-Guitar.com. So really it's better for reading tabs than writing them.

For Usta3015's purposes it's good because it shows the music in tab form and in standard notation. I don't think you'll be able to find an official tab for SoL&T so guitar pro is probably the only way to find the music in standard notation.

The downside is the program isn't free (although the tabs are). It's worth getting if you play guitar, but it's easy enough to find a pirate copy on bittorrent.

Power Tab is kinda like GP but it's free and less snazzy. Has all the same basic functions but isn't any near as flash. I guess it's kinda like the difference between audacity and a professional sound mixing program. I find the PT tabs a bit more dodgy too. Since it's easier to use, a lot of people seem to write rubbish tabs for it, whereas GP tabs are pretty much spot on most the time.

I'd say if you're interested in GP, download Power Tab first to get a basic idea of what it is. PT and GP read different file types so if you see enough GP tabs you like, it's worth getting. GP prints off the tabs really neatly, like a proper tab book, so if you like to print out tabs I'd say it's definitely worth getting.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Hey there, I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for the help. I wish I would be able to post on here more often so I am not a ghost, but, people are brutal on these forums! But, I appreciate all the advise and help! This has been a lonnng time vision of mine.. and aside from emailing McCready himself haha, I was at my wit's end. I am in New York City, however, so some friends suggested I get the sheet music from some stores out here.. sigh.. I just hope that when I get it, its accurate! :) Thanks again!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    fowls wrote:
    I wish! Anyone who could write a program to tab music from mp3 form would be a millionaire!

It's a tabbing program that puts all the tracks together and can play the tab (albeit in dodgy musak form). The benefit of it is you can listen to the tab in real time to play along with (especially helpful to get timing right), plus it has all tracks together so has tabs for a whole band: vocals, guitars, bass, piano, drums etc.

The only problem I find with it is since it plays the tab in real time, you have to write a tab in really fine detail or else when you play the tab in the player it won't sound right. I've tried writing tabs on GP and it always ends up a mess, I think some moderate knowledge of music theory is needed for it to sound any good. But it's easy enough to find decent tabs for most songs on http://www.Ultimate-Guitar.com. So really it's better for reading tabs than writing them.

For Usta3015's purposes it's good because it shows the music in tab form and in standard notation. I don't think you'll be able to find an official tab for SoL&T so guitar pro is probably the only way to find the music in standard notation.

The downside is the program isn't free (although the tabs are). It's worth getting if you play guitar, but it's easy enough to find a pirate copy on bittorrent.

Power Tab is kinda like GP but it's free and less snazzy. Has all the same basic functions but isn't any near as flash. I guess it's kinda like the difference between audacity and a professional sound mixing program. I find the PT tabs a bit more dodgy too. Since it's easier to use, a lot of people seem to write rubbish tabs for it, whereas GP tabs are pretty much spot on most the time.

I'd say if you're interested in GP, download Power Tab first to get a basic idea of what it is. PT and GP read different file types so if you see enough GP tabs you like, it's worth getting. GP prints off the tabs really neatly, like a proper tab book, so if you like to print out tabs I'd say it's definitely worth getting.

Thanks so much for the detail. I will definitely search around and get a pirate copy...

Right now I am thinking non-stop about a loop pedal or the new Line 6 Looper......Seeing Liam Finn rock out to his looper was really impressive and inspiring......

Thanks again for the advice....