seymour duncan pickups

Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was thinking about a hotrail pickup for my tele,anyone got one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• As a matter of fact, I do! :D
    I have one in the bridge on a Tele and actually, I'm going to take it out and stick it in a Strat bridge. If you're looking to rock out, then that thing has some guts. I have mine wired to split the coils with a push pull switch, too. It is a great pup, but I'm sticking in some Fralin stock tele pickups in it for the old Tele sound. This has a powerful humbucker sound and a pretty good split coil sound, but not that twangy grind.
    If you want a hard rock high output sound, then you'll definitely get it with that!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I have one in the bridge on a Tele and actually, I'm going to take it out and stick it in a Strat bridge. If you're looking to rock out, then that thing has some guts. I have mine wired to split the coils with a push pull switch, too. It is a great pup, but I'm sticking in some Fralin stock tele pickups in it for the old Tele sound. This has a powerful humbucker sound and a pretty good split coil sound, but not that twangy grind.
    If you want a hard rock high output sound, then you'll definitely get it with that!
    Can you tell me what it sound like threw a clean channel?
  • I have one in a Strat bridge, so pretty close...

It's very similar to a Les Paul bridge humbucker tone. Clean, it's kinda bright and sharp, but overdriven or distorted, it sings... tons of sustain. Next to a Harmonic Design S-90, it's my favorite Fender bridge pickup.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.