Appetite For Destruction

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
All I got to say is.....great fuckin rockin album. I love the guitar work on that album. Slash was amazing with GNR. I love his tone, his riffs, his progressions and his melodic solos. Great Album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jam10 wrote:
    All I got to say is.....great fuckin rockin album. I love the guitar work on that album. Slash was amazing with GNR. I love his tone, his riffs, his progressions and his melodic solos. Great Album!
    Don't forget about Izzy. He gave the band that bluesy swagger, which, IMO, was lost on UYI.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ccpaccpa Posts: 32
    Agreed. Bad ass licks on that album. I love slash's style. Not the cleanest player but it has so much soul to it. If you have Comcast, check gnr out On Demand for the welcome to the jungle VMAs.

UYI's also have a place. Pretty tied up and locomotive are two of my favorites. I remember people lining up for those albums.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Kick ass album!!! Man, that was the shit back in the day.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    i got it on vinyl when it first came out - it was sent to me as part of a record
    offer from one of those music-clubs (maybe bmg) - i kept it and never joined.

andy, it's funny you posted this. i gave a lesson last month called "transcription
    by ear" - i made one of my students transcribe g&r's 'sweet child o' mine' as part
    of the lesson - couple parts are still kicking his ass, but we go over it every other
    week and i help him to make proper note choices and phrasings (personally i think
    slash bends and pre-bends notes a bit to much in it, but it's just kind of his style).
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    Love Slash's playing on that record. For a guy of what, 21 or 22, just brilliant. That was their moment and neither GNR or Slash will ever better it.
  • ccpaccpa Posts: 32
    Forgot coma. Bends are sick in that and November rain too. Slash shows up on Comcast for lessons and its pretty cool. Ive always thought the 2nd part of the main lick in nighttrain is a bit tricky.

Have you all heard Better from the new gnr (axl) yet. I like that second solo. Its Slashy.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I think the album's overrated personally. Jungle, Sweet Child, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, and Rocket Queen are fantastic, no doubt.... My Michelle is OK.... but everything else is pretty clunky. And I think Slash's best work, solo-wise, came later in the Illusion albums.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Best album period.ever.end of discussion. Yes, i love it that much.
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    this album is as close to perfection as you can get... it is one of my desert island disks... if i were stuck on that island... this would be one of my 5 CD's i would want with me for eternity!! An Absolute Masterpiece...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Welcome to the jungle is a song I never get sick of.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Welcome to the jungle is a song I never get sick of.
    I totally agree. Great song, with great riffs!
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    ive never like appetite for destruction. it was way overrated
    use your illusion 1 and 2 are so much better
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    I prefer the straight up rock of Appetite to UYI.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seanw1010 wrote:

i've been listening to UYI all week. and i don't even like g'n'r.