Can't find.......

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
A Real McCoy Custom Picture Wah anywhere here in Canada. It's frusterating. I have called different dealers around Canada and the US and they are tough to find. It's like no one has any right now. I've checked e-bay but I don't know if I want to go that route. I've been screwed on e-bay before and most of these companies are American so by the time it gets to my door here in Canada and by the time it get's through customs I end paying like an extra $50 or so. So a $200 pedal unds up costing me almost $300 with taxes, shipping and customs. It's really frusterating because I really want the picture wah.
For everyone here who has one, how did you get it?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ccpaccpa Posts: 32
    You can save 30% right now with live search. I have a budwah. Its fantastic. I wanted a pic wah for the longest time after my 535q died. Heard great things about the bud. It has a smaller sweep but sounds great with clean and gain.

Good luck with your search. Teese makes great stuff too.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I got mine from either Mesa Hollywood or Tunetown in Santa Monica. Mesa Hollywood, I think.
    CHeck out teh emporiums on http://www.thegearpage.net , you might pick one up there. Otherwise, Geoff Teese is really good at answering email. He relocated across the USA last year, and obviously stopped production for a bit, so maybe he is still catching up.
    Ebay wise, I've had good dealings with tunnelvisionmusic (sp?). I bought some pedals from him a few months ago, not sure if he does Teese stuff, good dealer though.
    I'd email Teese direct and ask him where to get one in Canuckia.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Otherwise, Geoff Teese is really good at answering email. I'd email Teese direct and ask him where to get one in Canuckia.
    Yup, if you can't find one, email him. He'll sort it out for you..
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Yup, if you can't find one, email him. He'll sort it out for you..
    Well I e-mailed Geoffrey and he replied quickly which was cool, but he said he can't really do anything right now and told me to e-mail him in late December and he will see who has been shipped a RMC4. Wow these must be that good considering how hard they are to find!!!
  • Teese has had troubles in the past with some parts suppliers, so that's always interfered with his production capability... he uses really specific parts, so it shows his dedication to quality and consistency. Also, like Lucy said, he recently relocated and moved his entire operation, so that put him back a little bit. But the big thing is just that his stuff is so popular with anyone who knows about him, he can't quite keep his production up with demand. He's gotten behind due to various issues over the years, but he'll never catch up so long as he makes such great stuff and takes quality time to do so. If he starts mass-producing, he'll catch up, but quality and demand will fall. The oldest story in the book for boutique manufacturers.

Best thing to do is find a store that has sold quite a few of Teese's stuff, and get on a list. I'm sure Geoff will help you out as best he can, he seems like a stand-up kinda guy (most of the good ones are).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Thanks man. Hopefully I'll be able to track one down soon.