Chris Cornell

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I saw Chris Cornell at Centennial Hall in London, On. last night. It was an unbelievable show. He still has that great voice of his. They played a tonne of Soundgarden which was really cool. The guitar tones were perfect. I loved the whole show.
Mobile opened up for them last night and they were really good as well. They are a good Canadian band from Montreal. After the show we ended up talking to one of the guys from Mobile. He was a really down to earth nice guy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• did he have a donation jar being passed around the audience? did he wear the red leather clothes or his black leather clothes? did he bring out on stage anyone from linkin park and say they sing a certian song better than anyone ever has? did he come right out and say he sold his soul to the devil or is he still acting like his new career is important?

at this point in cornell's career, i'd rather go see the guy from air supply sing songs!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Haha, yeah, apart from his questionable new direction, his live shows are great (at least when I saw him twice in 2007). The guitars really stood out for me as well, just a really solid heavy sound. They're great players too, whoever they are.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • PJAMEDVED wrote:
    did he have a donation jar being passed around the audience? did he wear the red leather clothes or his black leather clothes? did he bring out on stage anyone from linkin park and say they sing a certian song better than anyone ever has? did he come right out and say he sold his soul to the devil or is he still acting like his new career is important?

at this point in cornell's career, i'd rather go see the guy from air supply sing songs!
    I sense some hostility
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    I saw him in Calgary last week. Great set, can't remember the whole thing, but highlights included: (in NO Order)

You know my Name
    Spoonman
    HUNGER STRIKE
    Black Hole Sun -Acoustic
    Billie Jean - Acoustic
    Be Yourself - Acoustic
    Show Me How to Live
    Blow up Outside World
    No Such Thing
    Arms Around Your Love
    Set it Off
    Cochise
    ..oh man, there was a lot more, but its been a week.

was it sorta the same set?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    did he have a donation jar being passed around the audience? did he wear the red leather clothes or his black leather clothes? did he bring out on stage anyone from linkin park and say they sing a certian song better than anyone ever has? did he come right out and say he sold his soul to the devil or is he still acting like his new career is important?

What's your problem with Cornell? He is still a fantastic singer (one of the best of our time) and he's a great musician. I think Vedder is the best singer/frontman of all time though. I saw Eddie Vedder at Massey Hall in Toronto this past summer and was blown away. EV was one of the best shows I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of shows)!
  • Jam10 wrote:
    What's your problem with Cornell? He is still a fantastic singer (one of the best of our time) and he's a great musician. I think Vedder is the best singer/frontman of all time though. I saw Eddie Vedder at Massey Hall in Toronto this past summer and was blown away. EV was one of the best shows I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of shows)!
    I don't know about of all time but he's one of the best.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Jam10 wrote:

93.756% of the world's population currently has a problem with Chris Cornell and far be it from me to exaggerate or make up statistics. Sell out punk.

Oh, and his live show is great. Top-notch backing band. I haven't seen him since the abomination known as scream was spawned and turned loose on the planet, but I assume they still rock.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    93.756% of the world's population currently has a problem with Chris Cornell and far be it from me to exaggerate or make up statistics. Sell out punk.

Oh, and his live show is great. Top-notch backing band. I haven't seen him since the abomination known as scream was spawned and turned loose on the planet, but I assume they still rock.
    What are you talking about? I don't get what you're saying?
    Jam10 wrote:
    What are you talking about? I don't get what you're saying?

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but what part of my comment was confusing?

Have you not seen any of the million threads in the "other music" section discussing CC and his latest "work?"

• Jam10 wrote:
    I saw Chris Cornell at Centennial Hall in London, On. last night. It was an unbelievable show. He still has that great voice of his. They played a tonne of Soundgarden which was really cool. The guitar tones were perfect. I loved the whole show.
    Mobile opened up for them last night and they were really good as well. They are a good Canadian band from Montreal. After the show we ended up talking to one of the guys from Mobile. He was a really down to earth nice guy!

Lucky you! Do you have a setlist or could you possibly list the songs you can recall? I'd appreciate it!
    vacate is the word

cannot find the comfort in this world

truants move on

cannot stay long

some die just to LIVE
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but what part of my comment was confusing?

Have you not seen any of the million threads in the "other music" section discussing CC and his latest "work?"
    It's cool that you enjoyed the show Jam10.

Pretty much everytime i sign in lately, the front page of message pit more often than not has cornells name featured as the last post in the other music section. For someone that a lot of people seem to think sucks, he sure seems to be a hot topic of conversation around here.

I am a bit confused as to his latest direction he is heading down with his music, but as a live peformer he absolutely rocks. The set lists are insane. I guess though, i can understand his die hard fans being upset with the direction his music seems to be heading these days.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    It's cool that you enjoyed the show Jam10.

Pretty much everytime i sign in lately, the front page of message pit more often than not has cornells name featured as the last post in the other music section. For someone that a lot of people seem to think sucks, he sure seems to be a hot topic of conversation around here.

I am a bit confused as to his latest direction he is heading down with his music, but as a live peformer he absolutely rocks. The set lists are insane. I guess though, i can understand his die hard fans being upset with the direction his music seems to be heading these days.

Most of the people here who talk about CC don't think he sucks. Total opposite actually. A lot of us are just stupified that "Scream" is what he's doing with his talent. In a fridge full of micro-brews, he pulled out a bud lite and is trying to convince people that it's really a Jubelale.

eyedclaar wrote:

I just don't get why you are saying "sell out punk" He's a great musician and I bet a lot of us here wish we had his talent. He can go in any direction with music he pleases. Music is music and if you don't like what he's doing than don't listen to it.
  • Jam10 wrote:
    I just don't get why you are saying "sell out punk" He's a great musician and I bet a lot of us here wish we had his talent. He can go in any direction with music he pleases. Music is music and if you don't like what he's doing than don't listen to it.
    Chris is a great musician. I'm just a big fan of a lot of his current stuff. Let's remember, he DID do the Bond theme a little while back...how cool is that?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Chris is a great musician. I'm just a big fan of a lot of his current stuff. Let's remember, he DID do the Bond theme a little while back...how cool is that?

I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked that song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Great song, great movie. It's pretty cool, listening to Soundgarden and that whole "Seattle Sound" and then having PJ be the only big surviving band BUT Chris doing a BOND theme...what an honor
  • I'm seein him tonight, can't wait!!!!!

How croweded was the floor? I'm thinkin about gettin there about an hour before...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Saw Cornell last night at the KOOL HAUS great show much longer than the Pheonix/Massey Hall shows i'v seen him play
    10.30- 1.15am

HIGHLIGHTS THE WHOLE FUCKIN ENOCRE

IMMIGRANT SONG
    SUNSHOWER (by request chris had the sign in hand for most of the flawless version nice jam too)
    LIKE SUICIDE
    REACH DOWN CLOSER WITH A WOODEN JESUS TAG IN THE JAM WHICH NOBODY IN THE BUILDIN noticed but me i think i totally lost it

oh yeah he played SEARCHING WITH MY GOOD EYE CLOSED
  • lukin420 wrote:
    Saw Cornell last night at the KOOL HAUS great show much longer than the Pheonix/Massey Hall shows i'v seen him play
    10.30- 1.15am

HIGHLIGHTS THE WHOLOE FUCKIN ENOCRE

IMMIGRANT SONG
    SUNSHOWER
    REACH DOWN CLOSER WITH A WOODEN JESUS TAG IN THE JAM WHICH NOBODY IN THE BUILDIN noticed but me i think i totally lost it

WOW! Thanks for the info! I love when he jams like that! SICK! Any videos?
    vacate is the word

truants move on

cannot stay long

some die just to LIVE
  • sweet leaf wrote:
    WOW! Thanks for the info! I love when he jams like that! SICK! Any videos?

THERE WERE ALOT OF PEOPLE WITH TAKIN VID'S SOME MAY POP UP ON YOUTUBE

it seem'ed like most people were taping during chincy tunes..LOL

ex. dosen't remind me/ like a stone/ billie jean
  • lukin420 wrote:
    Saw Cornell last night at the KOOL HAUS great show much longer than the Pheonix/Massey Hall shows i'v seen him play
    10.30- 1.15am

HIGHLIGHTS THE WHOLOE FUCKIN ENOCRE

IMMIGRANT SONG
    SUNSHOWER (by request chris had the sign in hand for most of the flawless version nice jam too)
    LIKE SUICIDE

I was there last night too and what a great show. That sign that Chris held up during Sunshower was MINE! I couldn't believe it when he walked over to me and asked for my sign! (I was on the rail on the far right...in front of the platform). He saw my sign right before Black Hole Sun when he was taking requests...he walked over to properly read it, then nodded his head and mouthed the words "I'll play that" then did Black Hole Sun lol.
    What an amazing night!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • I was there last night too and what a great show. That sign that Chris held up during Sunshower was MINE! I couldn't believe it when he walked over to me and asked for my sign! (I was on the rail on the far right...in front of the platform). He saw my sign right before Black Hole Sun when he was taking requests...he walked over to properly read it, then nodded his head and mouthed the words "I'll play that" then did Black Hole Sun lol.
    What an amazing night!!

Sounded awesome lady! So chris takes requests during the shows? COOL!
    vacate is the word

truants move on

cannot stay long

some die just to LIVE
  • Jam10 wrote:
    Yeah, but he's not even writing half the music any more. Check out the writing credits on the new songs.
  • So, I just saw him tonight, and HOLY SHIT what an amazing show. I was front row, dead centre, and the best part? When he asked for requests, he played mine! 'Hide Your Love Away'...

Guys (and girls), please see this man if ya can!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • So, I just saw him tonight, and HOLY SHIT what an amazing show. I was front row, dead centre, and the best part? When he asked for requests, he played mine! 'Hide Your Love Away'...

Guys (and girls), please see this man if ya can!

Was totally 3 rows behind you. :) And yes, Chris was ON FIRE. Set list perfection! But what the FUCK was up with the middle section in the stands?! Did ANYONE give a flying FUCK that he was playing the right songs? Crowd was pathetic, Chris and the band were spot on.

Fucking Ottawa. :(
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Was totally 3 rows behind you. :) And yes, Chris was ON FIRE. Set list perfection! But what the FUCK was up with our middle section. Did ANYONE give a flying FUCK that he was playing the right songs? Crowd was pathetic, Chris and the band were spot on.

Fucking Ottawa. :(
    Haha, what did you look like? I was with my brother, both of us sorta shaggy hair, I was wearin my EV shirt..

What I'm more pissed about is the fucking curfew and the lack of encore!
  • Haha, what did you look like? I was with my brother, both of us sorta shaggy hair, I was wearin my EV shirt..

What I'm more pissed about is the fucking curfew and the lack of encore!

I KNOW!!! I'm short, a girl, was wearing an Audioslave shirt. Definitely saw the Ed shirt, automatically figured it was a Pit member and of course I was right. :D

I was thinking the encore was due to the crowd, considering they were apparently half an hour late in Toronto and still played a decent sized show, well over two hours according to people I knew there, with an INCREDIBLE encore.

Ah well, the show itself was great. But in comparison to Massey Hall last year...gotta say the crowd fell waaaay short.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • I KNOW!!! I'm short, a girl, was wearing an Audioslave shirt. Definitely saw the Ed shirt, automatically figured it was a Pit member and of course I was right. :D

I was thinking the encore was due to the crowd, considering they were apparently half an hour late in Toronto and still played a decent sized show, well over two hours according to people I knew there, with an INCREDIBLE encore.

Ah well, the show itself was great. But in comparison to Massey Hall last year...gotta say the crowd fell waaaay short.
    I don't wanna hijack Jams thread anymore, check your PMs!
  • I was there last night too and what a great show. That sign that Chris held up during Sunshower was MINE! I couldn't believe it when he walked over to me and asked for my sign! (I was on the rail on the far right...in front of the platform). He saw my sign right before Black Hole Sun when he was taking requests...he walked over to properly read it, then nodded his head and mouthed the words "I'll play that" then did Black Hole Sun lol.
    What an amazing night!!

That's Awesome nice REQUEST helped me knock that off my must see list

next on the list is ZERO CHANCE