G"n"r

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited April 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody know who plays guitar on the new Guns N Roses album. I'm really diggin the new release....Chinese Democracy, and the guitar playing is pretty awesome!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Paul Tobias, and Buckethead.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I know Brian May originally recorded lead guitar parts on "Catcher N' the
    Rye", but who knows if his playing will be there when it's officially released.
    Also, Dave Navarro, Johnny Marr, & Zakk Wylde also recorded guitar parts
    for the album, but who knows if any of them will end up on the final release.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Im lagging on info for this one.....I know there were leaks etc, but where can I hear some of the tracks??

M
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    I know Brian May originally recorded lead guitar parts on "Catcher N' the
    Rye", but who knows if his playing will be there when it's officially released.
    Also, Dave Navarro, Johnny Marr, & Zakk Wylde also recorded guitar parts
    for the album, but who knows if any of them will end up on the final release.

none of those guys are on the album. it's in the liner notes.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    none of those guys are on the album. it's in the liner notes.
    it's sad that axl turned out to be such an asshole to everyone he's worked with.
    i liked appetite for destruction, but i never dug his voice (too nasally and whiny).
    i'd love to hear what g n' r might have sounded like back in 1987 with a different
    singer - someone with a similar attitude, but with a much better voice (tonally),
    and someone with a better gig ethic (axl was a real dick to most of his fans too).
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    it's sad that axl's such an asshole.
    A lot of popular musicians are that way. I spoke to one and my producer worked with him and he was a complete promadonna. Ironically, he played right after PJ at a certain festival, last year...
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Paul Tobias, and Buckethead.
    Axl also plays some guitar on There Was A Time. Buckethead and Robin are the star players on the album though.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    it's sad that axl turned out to be such an asshole to everyone he's worked with.
    i liked appetite for destruction, but i never dug his voice (too nasally and whiny).
    i'd love to hear what g n' r might have sounded like back in 1987 with a different
    singer - someone with a similar attitude, but with a much better voice (tonally),
    and someone with a better gig ethic (axl was a real dick to most of his fans too).

GnR w/Axl would suck, imho. He gives them their personality and attitude, and thats about as important to GnR as the actual music.

I wish Buckethead would have stayed away from his stupid on/off switch. That particular sound has no place in any of the new songs that I heard, yet he crams it in a few times throughout the album.
  • none of those guys are on the album. it's in the liner notes.

That leaked cd book isn't supposed to be real.

I really can't see Paul Tobias playing on the album. I could see him in the writing credits for some songs, but I don't know if he will be on the album.

I would say Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Buckethead will be the only guitar players on the album. I can't see bumblefoot on the whole album either. At least I hope he isn't. I like the guitar he added in CD, but I don't want them to change to much from the leaks.
  • That leaked cd book isn't supposed to be real.

I really can't see Paul Tobias playing on the album. I could see him in the writing credits for some songs, but I don't know if he will be on the album.

I would say Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Buckethead will be the only guitar players on the album. I can't see bumblefoot on the whole album either. At least I hope he isn't. I like the guitar he added in CD, but I don't want them to change to much from the leaks.

You're saying someone went through all that trouble to put out a fake booklet? I HIGHLY doubt thought. Writing that thing would have taken weeks.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Love em' or Hate em' I have seen the "New" G&R lineup twice and the old line up twice back in 1991, and quite honestly - THE NEW BAND MAKES Slash, Duff, and who ever else Axl had in tow back then look like ROOKIES, Yeah - I said it and I mean with ALL MY HEART AND SOUL.

SOOOO.... don't knock it until you try it, because "It" kicks serious ass live. :lol:
  • its a good record
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • its a good record
    yup, it is still in my rotation even though i thought it would be a "2 weeker" then into oblivion...I was wrong
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I agree, guitar work is exceptional....Axl's vocals on some tunes are reminiscent of the cheesey 'dracula opera' vocal is Forgetting Sara Marshall though...mostly Fortus tracks that made it on the final album...he plays mostly Gibson LP customs through a Voodoo V-rock head.......VOODOOS FUCKING SMOKE!!! i just got mine (finally) and it's STELLAR!!!!!!! :mrgreen: I thought I'd throw it in the trash, having seen the original lineup countless times in my teens at the Whisky in Hollywood, but it's the guitar playing that has kept me interested...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."