Comfortably Numb solo

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Which solo does David Gilmour use the pentatonic position #1 scale in? Is it solo #1 or #2? I really love the whole solo and am trying to get some melodic ideas?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I usually play the B-minor pentatonic starting at the 7th fret. From there, just let loose. I can solo on that progression for like 20 minutes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Jam10 wrote:
    Which solo does David Gilmour use the pentatonic position #1 scale in? Is it solo #1 or #2? I really love the whole solo and am trying to get some melodic ideas?

Thanks

Love David Gilmour. The Numb solo from Pulse is outstanding. His style and feel are a big influence on me.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Its the second solo.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    First solo is basically Em natural at the 12th position, with sme notes played down at 7 and 9.
    Second solo is Bm at the 7th position, though it moves up an octave as well.
    Great solo, shows how well some pentatonic blues/rock licks can turn into sublime beauty.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Love me some Dave Gilmour.

It's always refreshing to see the comfortably numb solo listed as one of the greatest solos of all time in silly magazines and online discussion things. Usually it's about the only thing i agree with that those people say, but for a split second, my faith in humanity is restored , when i see...

comfortably numb...

YES

They get it. Best outro ever.

Awesome awesome awesome awesome.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Love me some Dave Gilmour.

It's always refreshing to see the comfortably numb solo listed as one of the greatest solos of all time in silly magazines and online discussion things. Usually it's about the only thing i agree with that those people say, but for a split second, my faith in humanity is restored , when i see...

comfortably numb...

YES

They get it. Best outro ever.

Awesome awesome awesome awesome.
    I agree! It's great!
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Its the second solo.
    I thought so. Thanks.