Rearviewmirror

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody know the correct way to play the intro and verses to Rearviewmirror? I'm not sure if Giventowail is exactly right????? Can somebody please tab out the intro. I need to learn this song for our next jam session coming very soon.
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jam10 wrote:
    Does anybody know the correct way to play the intro and verses to Rearviewmirror? I'm not sure if Giventowail is exactly right????? Can somebody please tab out the intro. I need to learn this song for our next jam session coming very soon.
    Thanks
    GTW is correct. Ed plays it different ways live, whenever he's bored, drunk, or both.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    GTW is correct. Ed plays it different ways live, whenever he's bored, drunk, or both.
    I noticed when they go to the 7th fret (B note) when they play that riff on the GTW site they say to play an open A note on the second note but that doesn't sound right to me. I think it's a fretted B note on the 7th fret.
  • Jam10 wrote:
    I noticed when they go to the 7th fret (B note) when they play that riff on the GTW site they say to play an open A note on the second note but that doesn't sound right to me. I think it's a fretted B note on the 7th fret.

it goes from A to B in the verses. GTW is deffo correct
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Jam10 wrote:
    Like I said, it changes depending on Ed's mood, drunken state, and anything else. There are a few ways to play it and they've played it many different ways
  • Jam10 wrote:
    This is my first post, so hi everybody!

And sorry for disagreeing first time I come here;-)

I tried the given to wail tabs and the part in 7th fret just doesn't sound right. When you listen to the recording on vs. it's bbdbef#EE, so I play it like this:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    7-9
    |
    |-7-7---7
    0-0-|

The part in 5th fret is correct, it sounds more like the original with the open A-string, but it's a lot easier if you don't have to change patterns:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    5-7
    |
    |-5-5---5
    0-0-|
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    sunday67 wrote:
    This is my first post, so hi everybody!

And sorry for disagreeing first time I come here;-)

I tried the given to wail tabs and the part in 7th fret just doesn't sound right. When you listen to the recording on vs. it's bbdbef#EE, so I play it like this:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    7-9
    |
    |-7-7---7
    0-0-|

The part in 5th fret is correct, it sounds more like the original with the open A-string, but it's a lot easier if you don't have to change patterns:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    5-7
    |
    |-5-5---5
    0-0-|
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! I agree with you 100%
    The only difference is instead of playing the open A and D strings, I fret it on the 5th fret. It just makes it a little easier to play the riff on 2 strings instead of 3 strings for me anyways. I think on the 7th fret it's BBEBEF#EE
  • Jam10 wrote:
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! I agree with you 100%
    The only difference is instead of playing the open A and D strings, I fret it on the 5th fret. It just makes it a little easier to play the riff on 2 strings instead of 3 strings for me anyways. I think on the 7th fret it's BBEBEF#EE
    It's easier but it's not the usual way Ed plays it :-P

I play it that way though, during the first verse, haha.