Very Cool website

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was at my guitar lesson last night and my instructor showed me this awesome website. It is http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com
You can look for almost any band, you click on the song you want and your the guitar player for that song. There is a drum beat, a bass line and if the band has 2 guitar players then you're the lead player. There is no vocals, just music. There are about 13 Pearl Jam songs on there. It's great for improvising and learning the timing of the song. Have a look and let me know what you think!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    sweet! i hope this site becomes very popular so they get more stuff on there. thanks!
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    You can also get Guitar Pro for free and get pretty much every PJ song out there.
  • thecorythecory Posts: 290
    wow thanks
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Jam10 wrote:
    I was at my guitar lesson last night and my instructor showed me this awesome website. It is http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com
    You can look for almost any band, you click on the song you want and your the guitar player for that song. There is a drum beat, a bass line and if the band has 2 guitar players then you're the lead player. There is no vocals, just music. There are about 13 Pearl Jam songs on there. It's great for improvising and learning the timing of the song. Have a look and let me know what you think!

I've used it before. Good resource, but the only annoying this is sometimes the rhythm melody is played on electric piano, which doesn't really sound right with a lot of songs.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • thanks for the link jam10:)
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    kitfoo wrote:
    You can also get Guitar Pro for free and get pretty much every PJ song out there.
    Where do you get Guitar Pro for free???
    I can't read many of the newer transcriptions because I have an older bootleg version (Guitar Pro 5).
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Novawind wrote:
    I've used it before. Good resource, but the only annoying this is sometimes the rhythm melody is played on electric piano, which doesn't really sound right with a lot of songs.

i.e. the intro to Immortality

pretty cool tool however
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”