Just bought All My Material...........

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
For my soundproof music room in my basement. I will have it all delivered on April 8th by Home Depot. I can't wait till I get started. Now I can wail away at all hours of the night and not disturb anyone. I have been researching how to build a proper sound room so I'm hoping that it works as good as I expect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Awesome!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wicked cool. now you can be obnoxiously loud, experiment like crazy, and relax, without ever having to worry about bothering anyone again!

good luck with it :)
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Yeh thanks guys! I am married and have a beautiful 1 year old daughter so I figure the best way to get the most out of my gear is to build a soundproof music room. It's not very often I'm home alone so once this jam room is complete I go down anytime to experiment with new ideas, different amp settings, different pedals and just jam away and not worry about anything. Not including the acoustical material, just the soundproof material I'm looking at about $5000 Very worth it to me because I will get a lot of use out of it and it is an upgraded investment in our house. Has anybody heard of Quietrock drywall? I am using the Quietrock 510 for my walls and the Quietrock 525 for my ceiling. The QR 510 was $56 a sheet and the QR 525 was $104 a sheet. My room is 21'x13' so you can see why it's costing a lot of money. I am also building a room within a room and leaving an air space of 3"-6" between the exterior walls and the interior walls. I am also lowering the ceiling a foot (I have 9 foot ceilings now so I'll have an 8 foot ceiling when I'm done) and I'm filling everything with Roxul Safe and Sound and sealing all my joints, seams, holes, outlets, light switches and anywhere else sound can escape. You basically have to make the room as air tight as possible.
    I hope to God this works as good as the research shows. I'll let you guys know. If anyone is thinking about doing a soundproof room and needs some advice, PM me and I'll try to help out as best as I can.
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    This is really cool, I wish I had the scratch to build one. But I would really be tempted to spend the 5 g's on more gear and more beer!
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Jam10 wrote:
    For my soundproof music room in my basement. I will have it all delivered on April 8th by Home Depot. I can't wait till I get started. Now I can wail away at all hours of the night and not disturb anyone. I have been researching how to build a proper sound room so I'm hoping that it works as good as I expect.

that's awesome. whenever i get a house, i definitely want a music room that'll be soundproof.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around