Ed's Guitar

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is Eddie Vedder's main guitar a Fender Telecaster? Do you guys prefer a Stratocaster or Telecaster? I know this has been discussed before and everyone has there own opinions but I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio which I absolutely love, but I would like to also own a Fender. What do ya guys think? Tele or Strat?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tele. It's cooler. That's all that matters.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    whilst i love my strat, it's comfy and versatile, i absolutely love the tone of my tele and to me they look cooler. so awesome seeing a kick ass guitarist rocking out on a tele.
  • Personally, I'm a Strat man my self. Although Tele's are cool, I dig having two tone knobos, as well as the comfort.

Although you can't go wrong with either.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Pasta or Pizza? Which one is better?
  • IDgotI wrote:
    Pasta or Pizza? Which one is better?
    Exactly. And, you can't go wrong with either!
    Personally though, I'm a Strat man.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I like telecasters a quite a bit more. I think the design of the strat is overcopied and I also think that teles have a tone that stands out quite a bit. I feel like strats get lost in the mix in live situations quite a bit, while tele's shine. Get a tele.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Jam10 wrote:
    Is Eddie Vedder's main guitar a Fender Telecaster? Do you guys prefer a Stratocaster or Telecaster? I know this has been discussed before and everyone has there own opinions but I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio which I absolutely love, but I would like to also own a Fender. What do ya guys think? Tele or Strat?
    It's currently a Tele but on the 2003 tours, it's the SG. I LOVE my strat and one year ago, I'd say that my strat is amazing but now, I got my tele...and I'm confused as to which I like more. I'd say try both, a strat and a tele. Both have different sounds and a different feel.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Simple answer.
    Both.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Jam10 wrote:
    I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio which I absolutely love, but I would like to also own a Fender.

I personally think if you have a Les Paul and love it, then you won't be happy with a Fender. I have a USA made Strat and a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and the Fender does not deserve to be in the same room with the Gibson. I got the Fender about a decade ago before I had much money and thought I had to have a "name" guitar. honestly, I'd rather have a Jackson or Ibanez than a Fender.

I used to have a MIM Telecaster which was also a piece of shit. now, if you MUST have one, I'd prefer the Strat. the Strat plays well enough and is more comfortable than the Tele. but sound and tone wise, Fenders aren't up to par with Gibsons, unless you're just into blues. I personally would never use a Fender in a musical setting other than blues or country.
  • he used to play Schecter PT Tele's only.

Anyway...I've always thought of Tele's as a deeper, blusey tone.

Strats are straight up rockin guitars...a little more versatile.
    "It's all happening"