Amp Stand

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know where I can get a good amp stand and what kind of stand. I have called a few of my local music stores and they are all out of them. I am playing live more often and I would rather use a stand than a chair. I have the YCV 50 Traynor amp and I don't think a need a particular stand but if I do let me know. Thanks guys!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-RS7000-Tiltback-AMP-STAND-?sku=450416

I own four of these and find them extremely durable, and able to hold some pretty heavy amps with no problems (I use a Fender 4 x 10 Blues Deville among others).

I can safely recommend these.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    ebay
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Put some tilt back legs on it!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    JAM - why do you think you need an amp stand - your reasoning for wanting a stand will actually tell whether or not you really need one.
    I thought I needed one for isolation because I had problems with stage rumble and loud amp volume (but that's actually not what I needed).

So for about two years now I've used an Auralex GRAMMA under my amp for sound isolation (all the vibration, noise and rumble that I was
    getting was eliminated). I've also placed two 3-foot high clear acrylic drum isolation panels (or what they call a baffle) in front of my amp
    to help me tame my sound for stage volumes - this way the other band members don't complain about my volume, and now I can actually
    hear my amp better because the baffle kicks my sound up to ear level - So now I can turn my amp up and play at much louder volumes
    without killing myself, other band members, or the audience that are standing in front of the stage - it seems to work great everywhere.

I've come to find out that Joe Bonamassa does something quite similar to this. He also uses the GRAMMA and Baffle combo for his amps.
    He's running four amps stacked on two split 4X12 Cabs - each pair of 12" speakers in each 4X12 cab is wired for a diffferent amp - smart.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Milk Crates are perfect, well thats what i found anyway
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I find I need an amp stand just to get the amp off the ground and angle it properly without putting it on a chair and worrying that it might tip.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Tilt-back stand is the way to go. It angles the amp up at you , so you can hear yourself play. You can set it up facing you, or behind you, tilted in the optimal direction for sound and feedback control.
    The only problem is with a head /cab combination. A stand with a swinging section for the cab, and a flat top for the head would be perfect, but probably cumbersome. I'm just sitting my head on an adjacent box for the present.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Well, it depends on the reason for tilting it up! I like to have my amp up at about guitar level , because the interaction's better between he guitar and amp,especially if I'm playing with feedback or in a loud situation.
    In a loud band with iffy monitors in a bigger venue, it's great to have it tilted up so I can hear myself. This is fine if the amp is miked, it works great because the PA system picks up the amp, but if the amp isn't miked, then the sound might be aiming towards the ceiling and your adoring masses might not hear it! :D

Actually, I have the same type stand as Voodoopug posted and they are great, but in the situation I"m in now I either use milk crates or the road case for the amp. This keeps the amp level so it aims outward. Milk crates are good because they're stable and they hold wires and a bottle of wine and you can hook a cup holder on the side really easily! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart