The song Blood

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited May 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
In Pearl Jam's song Blood on Vs. what effect is Mike or Stone (not sure which one) is playing in the verses of the song. Is it a wah?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Jam10 wrote:
    In Pearl Jam's song Blood on Vs. what effect is Mike or Stone (not sure which one) is playing in the verses of the song. Is it a wah?
    Wah
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jam10 wrote:
    Is it a wah?
    you are correct. it is a wah amigo.
    now that's weird. there's no edit post option and i didn't see xtremehardy388's post until after i posted mine even though it was done some time ago.

bizzare. pesky bugs maybe?
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I thought so but wasn't 100% sure. I got to get me one of those. Not sure which wah yet but I will get on very soon!
    Thanks
    Jam10 wrote:
    I thought so but wasn't 100% sure. I got to get me one of those. Not sure which wah yet but I will get on very soon!
    Thanks
    If you're going to be in the market for one soon, check out Geoffrey Teese. (RMC) So badass. Makes some of the very best wah's going around.

Here: http://www.realmccoycustom.com/
    I like my crybaby which is moded. It's not a hard mod and it's reversible. Very good for a beginner. It's the crybaby classic or whatever for 60 something USD. I've heard good things about the Mark Tremonti wah too. The 535Q says it's true bypass (though it's debatable-and has been on this forum). Try some out though...different kinds...not just crybabies.
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    Mike uses the 535Q, so if you're looking for that sound, best bet is to get one of those.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    kitfoo wrote:
    Mike uses the 535Q, so if you're looking for that sound, best bet is to get one of those.
    thats what im using right now. i had a vox v847, but it really wasnt the tone i wanted. i really wanted to match mikes sound. with the 535q, you can match his sound with ease
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    So do you like the 535Q and is it really easy to use? What's the difference between the 535Q and the regular Crybaby?
    Jam10 wrote:
    So do you like the 535Q and is it really easy to use? What's the difference between the 535Q and the regular Crybaby?
    535Q has a wider range that the other. It's VERY easy to use.
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    535Q has a wider range that the other. It's VERY easy to use.

Agreed. Plus, it has a boost, and you can adjust the pitch, sweep length, and volume of the effect.
    Remember, it claims to be true bypass but that's debatable.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    it has a boost, adjustable range and more. you can get any wah sound you want out of it. for the 50$ extra id say its definately worth it
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go