Volume Pedal

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
What are some really good volume pedals to add to me chain?
I hear Ernie Ball makes a really good one. Does anybody know the model of it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    Ernie Ball is good. Here is a list of their current onesL http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=ernie+ball+volvume&st=

I've had the 6166 for a few years now and have never had a problem with it.
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Do you lose any tone with a volume pedal in your chain or does it sound great?
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Jam10 wrote:
    Do you lose any tone with a volume pedal in your chain or does it sound great?
    You shouldn't. The VP Jr. is the one in my chain and it sounds amazing. No power supply needed, too.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I don't get volume pedals. I have one but took it off my pedal board. Unless it's a volume pan between two amps, can't you just use the volume knob on the guitar?
    Horry Kow!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I don't get volume pedals. I have one but took it off my pedal board. Unless it's a volume pan between two amps, can't you just use the volume knob on the guitar?
    Yeah, but a pedals easier for most people to use whilst still playing (e.g. for slight boosts during choruses). My guitar has 3 volume knobs too, so turning them all down the same amount at the same time whilst still playing would be nigh on possible.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    fowls wrote:
    Yeah, but a pedals easier for most people to use whilst still playing (e.g. for slight boosts during choruses). My guitar has 3 volume knobs too, so turning them all down the same amount at the same time whilst still playing would be nigh on possible.
    OR for volume swells
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    OR for volume swells
    Yeah, but I'm not into prog rock so much :p
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    fowls wrote:
    Yeah, but I'm not into prog rock so much :p
    Touche'!

No, I used mine in my effects loop because my volume pot was wacko!
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I have the full-sized Ernie Ball, and I love the hell out of it. Ever since I got mine, all my guitar-playing friends have ditched whatever piece of crap pedal they had, and got the Ernie Ball Jr. No tone loss, smooth operation, no noise, and best of all... "volume off" actually means volume off! (unlike the Dunlop)

I use it predominantly for volume swells, controlling gain, controlling feedback, with an E-Bow, or to silence the guitar for tuning purposes. With both hands working, it's nice to put it under-foot.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    The BIG problem with the Ernie Ball Volume Pedal is the "string" - they should have come up with a better cable system.
    You know there's a problem with it breaking when they sell a replacement https://store.ernieball.com/product/part_number=P06172/574.0.23625.24626.0.0.0
    Personally, I like the Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal, the Boss FV-500H Mono Volume, and the Morley Volume Plus Pedal.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫