Amp Set Up

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know it's all personal preference and it's good to experiment but I was just wondering about everyone's opinion on where to set the Bass, Treble, Middle, and volume on a 50 watt tube Traynor amp, when using pedals. I've got the TU 2 Tuner, BD 2 Blues Driver, TS 9 Tube Screamer, Boss CE 5, Boss DD 3, and the Phase 90. I have read before to keep everything at 5 and use the pedals for your over all sound. Is that correct or should I use the amps settings for my sound and the pedals to enhance the sound?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    right now mine is at
    gain1:2
    gain 2:2
    treble:4
    bass:6
    Middle:3 1/2
    reverb:1
    this is my favorite configuration FOR MY AMP. it sounds pretty clean with a small amount of crunch.

whenever i want to do something with overdrive, i turn on my ts9 and set it to
    drive:4
    tone:5
    level:6
    ive found this to be my favorite configuration for any amp when i use it

i am using a fender supersonic amp, so the configuations will sound different on your amp. you should just plug a guitar in, think of what sound you want, and mess around with the configurations till you get something that sounds like it.
    good luck finding it! :)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Yeah, the flat line "5" setting is generally a great place to start :) . . .
    Another trick is to plug your guitar directly into your amp and set up the EQ that way, then go back and run through your board.
    A lot of it has to deal with the guitar you're using - I'd have a completely different EQ setup with a Strat as apposed to a Les Paul (Single Coils vs Humbuckers).
    Lately I've had my BASS increased a bit more to around 6.5 or 7, I've lowered my MIDS to around 4, while my TREB is still at the flat 5.
    It really depends on the style I'm playing at the time (this is for my heavier setup - more of a hard-rock feel because I want some bottom end chunk).

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫