Which Pedal???????

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I really can't decide between the Boss RC 20XL or the Digitech Jamman?? I know I have talked about this before but I just can't decide. I can't try them both out because not many stores carry them both at the same time. I have read all the reviews and they are all great for both of them so that doesn't help much.

Pros for RC 20XL are:
.Boss products are always fantastic and very reliable
.Most people I have spoke to have actually tried the RC 20XL and love it
.A little cheaper then the Jamman
.Most of my pedals are Boss
.Easy to use

Pros for the Jamman are:
.99 minutes of loop time
.You can transer files to and from your computer
.You can buy flash cards to upgrade the memory

Opinions Please!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'd say BOSS. I dunno, I like my two digitech pedals but they seem like they suck a lot away and BOSS just seems like a better choice. It's cheaper and reliable. I'd say go with the BOSS
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I have been steered in the direction of the JamMan and will be purchasing one at some point.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Another "search and ye shall find" subject . . .
    This RC20 debate has been talked about at length within the last few months.
    If you do a search you'll literally get tons of view points and info.
    I think most in M&G push the Boss RC20 - almost always Boss over Digitech..
    Boss sounds better and always has way less tone loss than Digitech.
    Are you concerned with sound quality for live playing or removable cards?
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • I know the JamMan is really compatible with flash drives. My instructor used to recommend one to all his students.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Thanks for the advice guys. 2 say Boss and 2 say Digitech. That's the way all the reviews have been, pretty much equal. I think I am leaning more towards the Boss RC 20XL. 16 minutes of loop time is plenty. That's about 4 or 5 full songs. When would you ever use 99 minutes of loop time anyway with the Jamman. It seems a little much. I am more concerned with tone and sound and reliability than 99 minutes of memory especially because 16 minutes is more than enough anyways.

Thanks guys Boss it is!