Pearl Jam on their Time Off

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
When the band members of Pearl Jam are on their time off, whether they just finished a tour an album or just time away from everything do you think they practice their instruments at home by themselves. I know with any instrument I have to play and practice all the time to stay sharp and play well but do you guys think that once you get to a certain level like a professional musician you don't have to practice as much? Do you think Mike and Stone are still doing scales and theory and learning complex chords? How about before a tour or album, do they all get together and practice for months before. I always wonder what it is like in the life of a professional musician.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Jam10 wrote:
    When the band members of Pearl Jam are on their time off, whether they just finished a tour an album or just time away from everything do you think they practice their instruments at home by themselves. I know with any instrument I have to play and practice all the time to stay sharp and play well but do you guys think that once you get to a certain level like a professional musician you don't have to practice as much? Do you think Mike and Stone are still doing scales and theory and learning complex chords? How about before a tour or album, do they all get together and practice for months before. I always wonder what it is like in the life of a professional musician.

They don't really reherse much before a tour. They always stuff songs up, and Ed says like "hey, it's the beginnign of the tour".. I think by the time they have finished recording, playing parts to perfection etc, they prety much know em backwards.
    I think they all probably play a lot though, they are as addicted as all of us.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I think they all probably play a lot though, they are as addicted as all of us.
    I agree with you. To be as good as that you have to love it. They don't need the cash anymore. They still have the passion and the desire to keep on rocking, and while they have that, they will keep on with what they are doing.
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    I would imagine most of the time they spend playing on their time off is when they're writing stuff. I'm sure they write songs/riffs here and there when they come to them. Then when they get in the studio, they put it all together and make a song out of it.

At least this is how it all goes in my imagination!
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    I figure they just all go to Boom's house and burn and jam. 24/7. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad