Digitech Jamman or Boss RC 20XL?

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Which one do you guys recommend? And why.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I doubt there are many people that have both, so I don't know how good an answer you'll get. I have the Boss RC20XL and I like it. honestly, I'd say it's the best money I've spent on equipment because it 1. allows me to record and listen to myself and 2. allows me to solo over a rhythm track (I don't generally play with other people).

I'd recommend going on Harmony-Central.com and reading the reviews for both. there was one consistent complaint about the Digitech that turned me off, but I can't think of what it is at the moment.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Depends on how much memory you want (savable loops), and your impression of each companies reliability.
    I wish BOSS did the removable CompactFlash thing (like Digitech), but I personally don't trust Digitech's reliability.
    I like Boss better than Digitech - Boss just seems to be a lot more reliable.
    They are both similar pedals - I just trust BOSS more (I have Both RC-2 and RC-20 loop pedals).

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I am having a real hard time between these 2 pedals. No music stores where I live currently carry both pedals so I can't try them both out. The extra memory and the 99 loops on the Digitech Jamman are a great feature and hard to pass up but I really like BOSS products a lot better. I don't know what to do. Has anybody tried both? I talked to my guitar teacher today and he said to get the one that sounds best and doesn't lose any of your tone, but he likes the features of being able to transport files to and from your computer and the extra memory that the Jamman has but he also likes BOSS products much more. It's a toss up. Somebody please help, I want to get one of these after christmas. I have read all the reviews on both on different web sites and they are pretty even across the board so that didn't help.

Thanks
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    There's a reason a lot of professionals use Boss. Like Ian said, they're reliable. I'd go for the RC-20.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'm leaning more towards the RC 20XL because I like BOSS better but to be honest the Jamman has some really cool features that I wish the BOSS had. I'm sure I'll be happy with either one.