Dave Grohl

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Last night I saw the Foo Fighters in London, On. at the JLC and they were amazing. Dave Grohl is such an exceptional musician. He was playing a little lead guitar as well. I didn't know he played lead guitar. His voice is awesome and he is a great front man. The Foo Fighters are getting better and better all the time. They are a great live band. He is a funny dude as well, and really good with the crowd. Great show, great musicians!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Dave is an AMAZING front man. I was front row, centre (in the corner where the catwalk meets the main stage) and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    They do put on a fantastic show.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Dave is an AMAZING front man
    And he's actually a really nice guy (I've worked with him before).
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    They rocked Oakland, CA a couple months back.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    And he's actually a really nice guy (I've worked with him before).
    That makes him even cooler! Seriously, if such an amazing musician keeps their head on the ground, it just makes the person that much more enjoyable to watch/listen to.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I totally agree with you, Extremehardy388
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    That makes him even cooler! Seriously, if such an amazing musician keeps their head on the ground, it just makes the person that much more enjoyable to watch/listen to.

yea definitely. makes them more "human" for us.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I love Dave. He's such an all rounder. Can play any instrument and well too! Foo Fighters are the best.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Much love for the fooies and Dave Grohl here. He is just a down to earth all round nice guy.
  • they are great
    I was front at the hammerstein in 2003
    saw pj and foo a few days apart!

I still haven't seen sweaty hands like Dave's while playing guitar.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I was at the Oakland show! I loved the drop down stage for the acoustic set.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I would have to say that after watching the Foo's at the JLC, Dave Grohl is one of the top 3 frontmen of all time! Eddie being # 1 of course!
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Grohl rocks
  • Saw them last night in Toronto. FUCKING SPECTACULAR! That show was second only to Pearl Jam in my books. We got RUSH out on stage with Taylor for a jam session, the mini-acoustic set in the centre of the stadium...where I was pretty much front row centre, with the whole 'afoostic' band in tow, which was absolutely STELLAR and on top of that, it was over 2 hours...which is more than I expected Dave's voice to handle. All in all, an amazing night.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Saw them last night in Toronto. FUCKING SPECTACULAR! That show was second only to Pearl Jam in my books. We got RUSH out on stage with Taylor for a jam session, the mini-acoustic set in the centre of the stadium...where I was pretty much front row centre, with the whole 'afoostic' band in tow, which was absolutely STELLAR and on top of that, it was over 2 hours...which is more than I expected Dave's voice to handle. All in all, an amazing night.
    RUSH showed up. Wow.

I woulda shit my pants.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it seems dave's finally gotten out of that phase of singing half the song and just yelling "here we go" for the rest.... that's a good thing. that whole acoustic tour seemed to take him up a level.

i love the foos and would like to see them again. alas they aren't coming here this time.