Pearl Jam's main guitars

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited May 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know Mike and Stone play both Gibson's and Fenders but what would you say is their main brand? Fender or Gibson? I know Mike uses his 59 Strat a lot and is one of his favourite guitars and Stone seems to use Fenders more these days.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    It's definitely pretty equal shares of Fender and Gibson. In a very simple sense, I generally think

Stone: Les Paul
    Mike: Strat
    Ed: Tele w/ P90 or Humbucker

I'd say stone is more partial to Gibson and Mike is pretty 50/50. Hard to say with Ed since he pretty much went from Schecter PT to SG to Tele
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    anyone check out Ed's guitar at Lolla. Its like an LP replicate. Forgot the name though. think its made in germany.

miek is definitely split although he's been playing alot of that LP jr. on the last album

ed's definitely over his SG phase.
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    jmccue7 wrote:
    anyone check out Ed's guitar at Lolla. Its like an LP replicate. Forgot the name though. think its made in germany.
    it's a Duesenberg (sp) Mike Campbell. beautiful guitar.

there's a picture of it here
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/03/pearl-jam-break-out-rarities-ben-harper-at-intimate-chicago-gig/
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262

Ed: Tele w/ P90 or Humbucker

I'd say stone is more partial to Gibson and Mike is pretty 50/50. Hard to say with Ed since he pretty much went from Schecter PT to SG to Tele

Ed's a pretty big SG guy too, at least during the Riot Act period.
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    I know this is kind of old, http://www.giventowail.com/gear.php , but I don't think their guitars have changed too much since then.
  • . Hard to say with Ed since he pretty much went from Schecter PT to SG to Tele

whatever Townsend played today...Ed will be playing tomorrow
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .