Pearl Jam Guitar Method DVD

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody have the Pearl Jam guitar method DVD? It's a DVD with a musician named Curt Mitchell who teaches people Pearl Jam riffs and licks. He does close ups and plays at slow speeds and at normal speeds. I am not sure if he teaches the whole song or just parts of the songs. I found this product on e-bay and I was wondering if I should buy it or not. Does anybody have one and what do you think of it? Does he teach the whole song?
Thanks, any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I bought it many years ago and I wouldn't recommend it. he only teaches riffs out of many different songs and doesn't teach any complete songs. he also doesn't teach any of MIke's solos. you should get GuitarPro and find the good tabs on there. you can slow them down etc and it's much easier to learn off than a video.
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I don't have teh PJ one, but I have some Led Zep and Hendrix stuff by him. He is very good at nailing the tone and techniques, and shows you how do to all teh funky individual stuff. Tehy don't really teach you all teh songs, it's more about specific tecniques for specific sounds and parts of songs.
    Style rather than specifics.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I don't have teh PJ one, but I have some Led Zep and Hendrix stuff by him. He is very good at nailing the tone and techniques, and shows you how do to all teh funky individual stuff. Tehy don't really teach you all teh songs, it's more about specific tecniques for specific sounds and parts of songs and teh style of how the notes are played rather than what notes to play
    Music is not a competetion.