Really into Clapton Lately

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited December 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have been listening to a lot of Cream and I'm really into Clapton. The guy is phenominal. I don't know how any guitarist can't like him. He is definitely one of a kind!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He's probably my favorite guitarist. He's so soulful, and it seems he never hits a wrong note, every note means something. I've learned a lot just by listening to him. It's not how fast you play the notes, but how you play them and which ones you're playing.

But yeah, he's phenomenal. I highly recommend his 1994 all blues album, "From the Cradle", it's great. It's a host of blues covers done by Clapton, and I could listen to it all day.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Yeah man im listening to alot of clapton too lately.Im kinda trying to teach myself to play the guitar now and i just started the unplugged layla. hes great
  • such a great album, however do not get discouraged if you find it difficult to play songs like Hey, Hey or Before You Accuse Me off that album, take your time working up to tracks like that.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    He's probably my favorite guitarist. He's so soulful, and it seems he never hits a wrong note, every note means something. I've learned a lot just by listening to him. It's not how fast you play the notes, but how you play them and which ones you're playing.

But yeah, he's phenomenal. I highly recommend his 1994 all blues album, "From the Cradle", it's great. It's a host of blues covers done by Clapton, and I could listen to it all day.
    That's exactly one of many things that make Clapton so great. He never hits a wrong note and he plays with so much passion and soul and I love that in a guitar player. Thanks for recommending the 1994 album. I'm going to check that one out!
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That's one of many things that make him so great....he plays with so much passion and soul and never hits a wrong note. Clapton is simply incredible!
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Clapton is great alright! I learnt to play listening to that unplugged CD you mention.