Eq

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
With regards to an amp what does the EQ mean? What does flat lining the EQ mean?
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Flat lining the EQ means putting the Bass, Middle, and Treble controls all at 5.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Take a look at this eq pedal:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-GEB7-Bass-Equalizer-Pedal?sku=151395

The pedal is at a flatline state. All the knobs are at zero and form a straight line across. The left end of the knobs are the bass, the middle is the mid-range, and the to the right is the treble. If you raise the left ends and the right ends then you would form a smiley face that would be high in bass and treble and normal in the mids. That is generally used in more dynamic music such as hard rock/ metal. If you want a mellower, smooth sound that will sustain nicely, then raise the mids to form a frown.

In an amp setting it sometimes has just a bass knob, midrange knob, and treble knob. It's the same idea though.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Thanks for that answer. That clears things up for me.