Vintage Hot Rod 57 Strat

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
The Hot Rod 57 Strat has peaked some of my interest but none of my local music stores have them in stock so I haven't tried one out yet. I really like the color and the shape of the neck. I was wondering if anybody has played one of these and what you guys honestly think of them. It's about $600 - $700 more dollars than the Standard Strat and was wondering if it's that much better and that much more guitar?

I was also wondering what the Tone Zone means.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    - Okay, we are talking about the Vintage Hot Rod '57 Strat with the DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge
    pickup (which is a great alternative)? http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/StratVH57CAR-large.jpg

- I do like this VHR '57 guitar quite a bit better than the Standard Strat, but then again I'm
    not a real die hard Strat guy - I like the feel & available tones from this VHR '57 guitar more.
    If you needed to choose between one or the other, the Vintage Hot Rod '57 is the one.

- I like the bigger frets for bending, & the feel of the neck (it's kind of like a softer V feel), &
    it's nitrocellulose finished (but then I like nitro - I actually spray the guitars I build with nitro
    because it allows the wood to still breathe - and nitro also helps to maintain the tone of the
    wood better than the poly finishes, you just need to be careful of rapid temperature changes).

- The things I'd like to see different are: More color options - I'd also like my fretboard wood
    to be rosewood or ebony - I'd rather have 22-frets instead of 21 (I do like to use that missing
    D note that you get with 22-frets) - and I'd actually like big stainless steel frets on my guitars.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫