Pedal Board

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anybody made their own pedal board or have any suggestions on making a good pedal board?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ive made my own pedal boards for a few years now.and always realy enjoyed the experience!
    I mean get hold of some wood and figure how to put your pedals in the chain velcro em to the wood (maybe covered with something) and jobs a gooden!
    My latest one is the grail to me! Bang on
    Why pay ££/$$ for something that you'l enjoy doing yourself??

Really would say go for it and DIY.

Lou
    www.reedstoneoverboard.webeden.co.uk

www.myspace.com/reedstoneoverboard.com

Wembley 1996
    Wembley 2000
    Manchester MEN 2000
    London Astoria 2006
    Prague 2006
    Met them 2006(no joke!)
    Wembley 2007
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    I made one a few weeks ago. I just took a piece of plywood we had laying in our garage, then took two small wood blocks also laying in the garage and nailed them to one side on the back of the plywood -- this propped up that side and angled the board.
    Then I went to a fabric store and bought some black vinyl fabric and used it to cover the board so it looked nice. Next, when I get around to it, I'm going to drill holes in the back for the cables and power supply.
    I didn't use velcro or anything because I've never had a problem with my pedals sliding around.
  • Yes. I have made mine. Just use some wood, nails, and paint from a local harware store. It's not too hard, inexpensive, and you can make it to fit your needs.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I built mine - then I built an ata case around it so that I can take it on a bus or airplane when I go on tour.
    Basically I meshed an inch of hard foam between 2 sheets of 2mm plywood, then built a step that same way for a 2nd level.
    Then I covered the entire board with carpet for velcro.
    Then I built an aluminum ata case around it.
    Take a look - click here: PEDAL BOARD
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Here's my pedalboard. Now just imagine a big piece of wood under it. I have one, just not for the photo. :D

DSC01527.jpg
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I built mine the same way, plywood. It's a two storey behemoth on castors. A good trick is to use a spade bit and bore heaps of holes in it. This allows lots of access for power and patch leads up and down, and reduces the weight of the board.
    All my pedals seem to need different power supplies, so teh lower deck is mostly used to hide them away.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    I built mine - then I built an ata case around it so that I can take it on a bus or airplane when I go on tour.
    Basically I meshed an inch of hard foam between 2 sheets of 2mm plywood, then built a step that same way for a 2nd level.
    Then I covered the entire board with carpet for velcro.
    Then I built an aluminum ata case around it.
    Take a look - click here: PEDAL BOARD

Very nice board! I like the order of the pedals too.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Those are some very cool pedal boards. Thanks a lot for the tips guys!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I bought one, cost me about 300...

Best money I've ever spent.

Pics up soon (finally found the camera haha)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V