Blues Driver 2 pedal

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
For anyone who has a BD 2 pedal maybe you can help me out. I just received my keeley modded BD 2 and TS 9 pedals and I find that....even when I have my gain turned off on my BD 2, I still hear crackling through my amp and I know it's not the amp, guitar or cables because it only does that with the BD 2. Is it normal for the BD 2 to crackle and want to distort because it is a distortion pedal. I also have the TS 9 which is a distortion pedal and it sounds much cleaner with the gain down or off. People say to use the BD 2 for rhythm playing and the TS 9 for leads but I find with the BD 2, if I use a little gain the notes seem to get washed away and sounds a little sloppier than the TS 9. Is this normal of the BD 2 or do you think there is a malfunction?
Thanks for your help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the gain pot on my keeley BD-2 crackles slightly when i turn it but otherwise, it's totally hi-fi.

something may be wrong. hard to say from here.
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    Is the crackling constant while you play or only when you turn a knob?
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Sounds like a rare malfunction -- if you contact Keeley about it and I'm sure he'll remedy the problem.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    You did actually buy them FROM Robert Keeley, didn't you? Otherwise, you may have a problem.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    The crackling is constant while I play, not when I turn a knob. I did buy it from Robert Keeley so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks guys!