Godin Guitars

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
What do you guys think about Godin guitars. They are made in Canada which is a bonus. Has anybody played one or own one and what do you think of them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Jam10 wrote:
    What do you guys think about Godin guitars. They are made in Canada which is a bonus. Has anybody played one or own one and what do you think of them?

I own a Godin LG Signature.
    http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/6/8/229368.jpg

I love it. It's my only electric guitar right now. It covers all the single-coil and humbucking tones I could ask for and looks great as well. It's extremley lightweight (lighter than my tele was) and is as comfortable to play as any guitar I've ever put my hands on (better than some of the PRS's, and they're said to be some of the most playable guitars). It's a $3000 guitar with a $900 price tag.

If you can deal with playing non-name-brand (many can't), it's great. I love it.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Probably the best value on the guitar market today!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I have a Les Paul that I love and will always keep but by the end of this year I'm looking to buy another high end electric guitar. I'm torn between a Strat, Tele or the Godin Signature. I've played all 3 and absolutely love them all. I can't choose. Which would you pick? They all feel great and sound great. I feel like flipping a coin.
    Jam10 wrote:
    I have a Les Paul that I love and will always keep but by the end of this year I'm looking to buy another high end electric guitar. I'm torn between a Strat, Tele or the Godin Signature. I've played all 3 and absolutely love them all. I can't choose. Which would you pick? They all feel great and sound great. I feel like flipping a coin.

I'd recommend the Godin for this reason...

It'll give you some single-coil sounds similar to the strat/(maybe) the tele but you'll also get another humbucking guitar with a different sound. In a way, it'll be like getting a Les Paul with different pickups and a Strat all in one.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    That's a good way of looking at it. It is kind of getting both worlds. A Fender and a Gibson and they do look amazing! I really do want a Fender though! They're just really easy to play, kind of like slidding your fingers through butter.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    very cool guitars. i posted a link a while back for GivenToCarve about them, and showing how they are made. it was really interesting.

Godin Electric guitar. How it's made.
    Thanks for that link.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I have a Seagull acoustic guitar which is made by Godin. Got it for $300, and it's a great value. Of course I have some issues with it, but it should hold me over for a while. I know you're not talking about acoustics here, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    very cool guitars. i posted a link a while back for GivenToCarve about them, and showing how they are made. it was really interesting.

Godin Electric guitar. How it's made.

woah, that's awesome. really enjoyed that, thanks.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
    The new LG looks tempting.

I wasnt supposed to buy any more guitars.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Here is one of the most amazing players I've ever heard (my former instructor) who turned me onto Godin.

Here's his page of gear to see what Godin's he has.
    http://www.harryj.net/gear_page.html

Check out some clips of him doing improv on some backing traks(I recommend "Beckish", "Gospel2", and of course check out his version of "Texas Flood")
    http://www.myspace.com/harryjacobson
  • I've had the Exit22 for a few years now. Zero complaints except for bad factory pots that died after about 6m of use. Simple to fix. Stays in tune thru thick and thin, and offers an amazing selection of sounds. I've played the LG too and thought it was a great buy.
    Like someone else said, if you don't NEED a guitar with a name that everyone recognizes, then this is the way to go.
    ...oh when I was a kid, how magic it seemed...
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Great value, good guitar. Not the biggest manufacturer out there, but the folks who play them give them high marks. I would (as always) say try one and see if you like it.
    You guys now have me GASin for the new Summit CT.

Thanks...
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Probably the best value on the guitar market today!

Yup. And still very under the radar.

I think Seagul is the same way. Great company overall!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    Yup. And still very under the radar.

I think Seagul is the same way. Great company overall!
    They're more known in Canada, but ya, still under the radar for sure.