Footsteps

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody know the chords for the second chorus in Footsteps. I know there is a G and an A in the chorus but it sounds like I am missing something. I checked the Given to Wail website and they have, only play the 1st chorus twice and then play a G and an A. I'm not to sure but if any body knows for sure please let me know.
Thanks a lot!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Em, D/F#, G, A

D/F# is:

e-X
    B-3
    G-2
    D-0
    A-X
    E-2
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Thanks I appreciate it. I'll have to give that a try!
    I watched Pearl Jam play Footsteps on you tube and it looks and sounds like in the chorus they play Em, D/F#, Em, G, A
    Any thoughts anyone?

Do you think it's Em, D/F#, G, A or Em, D/F#, Em, G, A

Is that extra Em in there in the middle?
    Thanks
    watched footsteps on youtube from bridge 99 and i didn't see or hear any extra E minor.....but the main rule in music is "if it sounds right, it is right", so if it works for you, go for it
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
    Good point, thanks!
    Thanks for your help. I watched that same video on you tube and it really cleared things up for me. You tube is awesome for that. I agree with you.....the chorus is Em, D/F#, G, A
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    On the later tours I think Stone is playing Em and then hits the low F# and while the F# rings he then picks the open E and B string (which is why it sounds like an extra E chord is in there). Then he plays the G chord and A. I like the way this sounds better anyway.
    I figured out Footsteps! It's such a great song. I love playing it and listening to it!
    do you sing it too? i can sing over all the chords, but it is impossible to sing the verse and play the little riff at the same time....at least for me
  • are the G and A chords repeated in the "it was you" part? I got the Em, D/F#, G, A thing going on alright, but I still feel like i'm short
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10