I really would like too.........

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Play in a Pearl Jam tribute band.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Me too. I'll be Stone.
    Actually, there is a guy working next door, who sings, and is a PJ nut, knows all teh words to allthe songs, I just need to line up a time to jam with him.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Jam10 wrote:
    Play in a Pearl Jam tribute band.
    Me to,what part of the world do you live in jam10?
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I live in London, Ontario Canada. How about you Smile75?
    I've changed my mind. I want to play in a ZZ Top tribute band, so I can stand around looking cool with a fake beard and dark sunglasses.
    Make that Cheap Sunglasses !!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    write your own songs.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    well we need some tribute bands over here in England
    Jam10 wrote:
    I live in London, Ontario Canada. How about you Smile75?
    Im in liverpool,pity i want to start a pearl jam tribute band too.
    brain of c wrote:
    write your own songs.
    I do write my own songs.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    ok then.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Tribute Band or Cover Band . . .
    Question: If you're only playing 1-bands tunes (i.e. only Pearl Jam tunes), what's the difference between Tribute and Cover???
    I guess some people think calling it a "tribute" band makes it sound more legit than a "cover" band . . . :)
    I don't know, what's your take???
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    Nothing wrong with playing covers. PJ do it all the time. Writing good music is VERY hard.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Tribute Band or Cover Band . . .
    Question: If you're only playing 1-bands tunes (i.e. only Pearl Jam tunes), what's the difference between Tribute and Cover???
    I guess some people think calling it a "tribute" band makes it sound more legit than a "cover" band . . . :)
    I don't know, what's your take???
    A tribute band plays songs from 1 band,A cover band will play from a number of bands,in my opinion.
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Why not aspire to be an original? Use PJ's influence and make something meaningful.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Theres a PJ cover band in the Midlands UK called Rearviewmirror we saw a couple of years ago.
    The singer did a decent job of being EV but as my fella and the his guitarist pointed out the guitars wernt that of pearl jams.More of a heavy metal version with high gain distortion and to many powerchords.Also they drummed into me that the guitarists were the wrong way around (the guitarist playing stones part was on the left!),the tunings used were wrong!
    The best thing thay could do is sack the guitarists/drummer and the singer should join my fellas band and get the job done properly was the conclusion i was told! Boys eh!!!

You can check out their PJ influenced music on Their Myspace below.
    www.reedstoneoverboard.webeden.co.uk

www.myspace.com/reedstoneoverboard.com

Wembley 1996
    Wembley 2000
    Manchester MEN 2000
    London Astoria 2006
    Prague 2006
    Met them 2006(no joke!)
    Wembley 2007
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Writing good music is VERY hard.
    So what? It's far more rewarding to write and play your own songs in front of a crowd. You get better as time goes on and it feels better. Unless you subscribe to the Homer Simpson philosophy - "If something's hard to do then it's not worth doing".
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • smile75 wrote:
    A tribute band plays songs from 1 band,A cover band will play from a number of bands,in my opinion.

i think the difference between a cover band that plays material from only one specific artist compared to a tribute band that only plays material from one specific artist is that a tribute band tries to act and look as close to the band they are copying as possible. a cover band however, just plays the music and does not copy the original bands look. for example, a pearl jam cover band may have a fat guy playing mike and a fairly dark skinned spanish dude playing ed, but a tribute band would have a guy with tats and short spiked hair ( one of mikes looks anyway) with a sleavless social distortion t-shirt on and a singer with shoulder length curly brown hair, a beard and a t-shirt with a long sleeved shirt over top. to me, thats the difference between a cover band ( just playing the music ) and a tribute band ( going all out with the look )