Need Help with Daughter

Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got the right tuning and the right chords down for this song but I need help on the strum pattern and rhythm.
Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hey JAm 10,
    I ha trouble with this too, but I bought a tab from http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us for 4 bucks which has the timing in it, and shows the strum pattern accurately, so long as you can read timing.
    It also has the original solo notated, whihc is nice.
    Daughter is one of the few songs with printed tab available.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Cool, thanks for the tips. Daughter is a pretty complex strum pattern, isn't it?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Yes, it is a complex pattern, and the song does not sound quite right unless you nail it. It is muffled on most versions,a nd I find it hard to hear and get it right. The sheet music helped enormously.

They usually tag it too, so it has a big jam section at the end which is always ad libbed by the band. Great song though, one of my favourites to play when I can be stuffe dto chnage teh tuning.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yeah the strumming pattern is a little on the strange side but you should get used to it.
    If im ever having problems with a song and the tab/listening to it aint helping ill search for it on youtube.
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    the lollapalooza webcast has stone strumming while they get ed a new mic (or something) for a while. just close your eyes and do the duck groove with stone.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I'll give that a try!