Left Handed Guitar

KFrost2008KFrost2008 Posts: 36
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I want to start learning guitar, but I am left handed, so I need a good starter guitar and a good starting amp. Preferably I would like to keep it below $500, but I will go up to $880. Any suggestions?

Peace, Kenneth
I can kill because in God I trust.

06/24/06-Cincinnati, OH-US Bank Arena
08/05/07-Chicago, IL-Grant Park(Lollapalooza)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    KFrost2008 wrote:
    I want to start learning guitar, but I am left handed, so I need a good starter guitar and a good starting amp. Preferably I would like to keep it below $500, but I will go up to $880. Any suggestions?

Peace, Kenneth

i'm left handed and i play a left handed fender telecaster. it was somewhere around $300 but i can't exactly remember.....teles are great though, i highly recommend one.
    i hate my amp but if you're curious i have an epiphone studio 105. sorry, i have no idea how much it was! it's not that good of an amp but it's fine for just practicing and whatnot.

i hope this helps!
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Exhausted is a lefty, I bet he has some good suggestions for ya.

How far along with guitar are you, exactly? By all means play whatever is comfortable for you, but for some reason I write with my left hand, but I play guitar like a right-hander. It's weird.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • KFrost2008KFrost2008 Posts: 36
    I have played a slight bit of acoustic, but I am a noob pretty much. I do know how to read bass clef though, so besides having to lead treble(which I can roughly transpose most of the time) it should be simple.
    I can kill because in God I trust.

06/24/06-Cincinnati, OH-US Bank Arena
    08/05/07-Chicago, IL-Grant Park(Lollapalooza)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    My opinion on this matter... buy a guitar you will grow into, not out of.
    Meaning, if you get a cheap guitar, as you improve, you will want a better (more expensive) one later. I would go with the up front investment so you don't have to try and recoup the cost of a starter guitar. And a more expensive guitar will hold its value if you decide you don't like playing it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!