Mad Season appreciation topic

Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPAmydQsozU

From the clean, dreamy Hendrix-ish sounds to the raunchy, dirty solo...I absolutely LOVE the tones on this album.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
    No doubt. The rawness from mike is fuckin' outrageous.All around a great set of songs.

GODDAMN SHAME we heard nothing more from them
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Mikes tone on the mad season's only album = his best tone ever . Classic standard strat sound, very, very SRV like. Definitely hear the influence there and the effects on that album were brilliant.

Everytime i listen to the cleans on 'river of deceit', it is just absolutely beautiful, blows me away, and the overdriven tone on 'i don't know anything', gives me shivers.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Dogman3 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPAmydQsozU

From the clean, dreamy Hendrix-ish sounds to the raunchy, dirty solo...I absolutely LOVE the tones on this album.

Yeah, well, I've been listening to this song since you put it up! ;):)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    One of my favorite CDs. I've purchased that album three times and it looks like I'll have to buy it once more. Every time I loan it out it never gets back to me. Oh well, at least that means other people appreciate the music.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That is simply brilliant. I love Mad Season. The lyrics from bands in the 90's is just incredible. They all mean something. You don't hear that anymore in today's new music.
  • Mike's best tones and playing in my opinion. Wonderful album.
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I'm disappointed I can't find live Mad Season anywhere aside from the VHS. I got a gig from the Crocodile Cafe and RCKNDY on new years eve '94.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    mad season were an awesome band

mikes tone best EVER

oh how i wish PJ would cover river of deceit

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I doubt they'll ever cover it.

Anyone notice how different Mike's dirt was in Mad Season than in anything PJ has done? It definatey wasn't a TS9...
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    wake up is a masterpiece. awesome track
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Mike's best tones and playing in my opinion. Wonderful album.

The guitar, his playing, the drums and bass, and Layne's voice....oh my god, the whole album is just a one of a kind masterpiece...it's a real shame that it didn't turn into a full0fledged project, however I think it's still glorious with it's one album life...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Mikes tone on the mad season's only album = his best tone ever . Classic standard strat sound, very, very SRV like. Definitely hear the influence there and the effects on that album were brilliant.

Everytime i listen to the cleans on 'river of deceit', it is just absolutely beautiful, blows me away, and the overdriven tone on 'i don't know anything', gives me shivers.

November Hotel sends chills up my spine..
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2