Wah wah pedal.

Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can anyone help me out or give me tips with it? I got one recently, and its awesome, I just don't know what "Variable Q" is, or what the red boost button at the bottom is. What do all these knobs mean basically?

I've also found that I get cool different effects from just leaving the pedal in one position and playing without moving it. Its cool.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• There's none of that shit on my Vox. Is this one of those digital jobs?
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I don't know what you mean by digital. Its a Crybaby wah, with a couple knobs on the side.
  • Dogman3 wrote:
    I don't know what you mean by digital. Its a Crybaby wah, with a couple knobs on the side.

A Crybaby wah, with knobs on the side? Fuck's sake, I'm old. I've never seen one of those.
  • It's the 535Q. I was thinking about switching one for my original crybaby classic.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Dogman3 wrote:
    Can anyone help me out or give me tips with it? I got one recently, and its awesome, I just don't know what "Variable Q" is, or what the red boost button at the bottom is. What do all these knobs mean basically?
    I've also found that I get cool different effects from just leaving the pedal in one position and playing without moving it. Its cool.

- Do you have the Dunlop 95Q wah or the 535Q wah???
    - The Variable "Q" Control allows the player to effectively change the dynamics of the wah by controlling the resonance of the pedal - With the 'Q' control,
    the pedal can produce a broad range of dynamic response from an extremely sharp peak response to a shallow, more musical, broad bandpass sound.
    - The red button on the bottom is a volume Boost (up to +15 dB added gain) - don't press it unless you want a really big gain/volume boost.
    - Here's a link to Dunlop Wah Pedals - take a look and figure out which pedal you have, then read about it.

Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • It's the 535Q. I was thinking about switching one for my original crybaby classic.

I guess Paco's the man for this thread! :)
    535Q is what I have.

So whats better, a 535 or an original Crybaby without any of the knobs and whatnot?
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I have a Crybaby 95Q and it's not that great. The silent-auto off thing is cool but its spring loaded, so I can't "cock" the wah in a single position, I have to keep my foot there otherwise it will swing back and turn off. There's also a slight time delay between when you let go of the pedal/the off button is engaged and when the effect actually cuts out. Kind of annoying.

I'll probably upgrade to an Area 51 drop-in kit.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Is the 95Q some cheap model? I like my wah, its my only pedal, and it stays in any position no problem.
  • Dogman3 wrote:
    535Q is what I have.

So whats better, a 535 or an original Crybaby without any of the knobs and whatnot?
    I personally like the original without the knobs. If you don't like the sound, you can just mod the pedal by simply opening it up and moving the pot.

http://www.erikhansen.net/?page_id=30

Or do a harder mod

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/WahMod.htm

Mike McCready uses the 535Q and it gets a lot of good reviews. I probably won't upgrade or whatever and just work with what I have.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I love my 535Q.