Woo, won an Ibanez SD-9 on ebay.

Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I lack a distorton pedal lately, and wanted something versatile. After reading up that Stone Gossard used one, I did some research on it and decided to go after it.

Any recommended settings or tips?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    All I know is that my moded SD-1 by BOSS is basically the same as the SD-9 by Ibanez SO...

Gain:Cranked
    Level: About noon
    Tone: Between 11 and 1 o'clock..

this is a pretty standard sound but it's nifty!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Thanks. Should I run it into my TS9DX or run my TS9DX into the SD-9?
  • Dogman3 wrote:
    Thanks. Should I run it into my TS9DX or run my TS9DX into the SD-9?
    Play around with it and see what works best for your sound, preference, function, and application.

I know personally I have tried all sorts of possible combinations on my board and each arrangement have their pros and cons...which may explain why I have 4 overdrives & distortions on my board :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I think I'll be fine with one distortion pedal. I have a Wah>>Big Muff>>TS9DX>>Sansamp Original (Since i have a solid state amp at the moment)>>Rotovibe. Along with the Ibanez SD-9, I plan on maybe adding a Deluxe Memory Man or a Boss DM 2/3.