Options

MSNBC Poll

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited July 2008 in The Porch
There's a poll near the bottom of this page that you can vote for the worst celebrity public speaker. . . Ed is one of the choices. Ouch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25850814/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DCRONINDCRONIN Posts: 39
    I voted for Ed, just for the fun of it.

It's a stupid pole anyway.
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    At least he has only gotten 1.2% of the vote. I voted for Courtney Love.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    StellaBlueStellaBlue Posts: 48
    I can't believe George W didn't make the list. Hands down the worst public speaker I have ever heard.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    StellaBlue wrote:
    I can't believe George W didn't make the list. Hands down the worst public speaker I have ever heard.

Two reasons

1. I don't think he is popular enough to qualify as a celebrity.

2. That would be too easy ..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    how the hell does ed show up on this? he's not a bad public speaker at alll!!! fuckin morons. and most of the other people on the list are complete fools.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    how the hell does ed show up on this? he's not a bad public speaker at alll!!! fuckin morons. and most of the other people on the list are complete fools.
    uhhh..... ummmmm....... I think....... uhhhhhh..... that Ed may.......uhhhhhh.......indeed.......ummmmmm......belong.....uhhhhhhh......on this list.
    tacos
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    iwasthere wrote:
    uhhh..... ummmmm....... I think....... uhhhhhh..... that Ed may.......uhhhhhh.......indeed.......ummmmmm......belong.....uhhhhhhh......on this list.
    TOTALLY!

he's a bad public speaker, but he's so adorable at it that it doesnt even matter :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    iwasthere wrote:
    LMAO! i feel like im at a show!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Of course Anna Nicole Smith is a poor public speaker, her mouth is full of dirt...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    that is such bullshit... i voted for miss hilton, just cause she doesn't know what the hell she is talking about most of the time!
  • Options
    StellaBlue wrote:

Absolutely true !

And I recently went to a screening of A Bronx Tale where Deniro and Palmentieri did a Q & A. Chaz did most of the talking, but when Bobby D. spoke, he was just fine...thank you very much. As for Ed, he does "uhhh" a lot, but it comes from his uhhhh heart.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    damnit he's in last place! come on people vote!
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    MrSmith wrote:
    damnit he's in last place! come on people vote!

What a strange cast of characters for him to be lumped in with, Paris Hilton? Anna Nicole Smith? Seriously?

He did get my vote though.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    You know people, when I see Ed next week - I'm telling on all of you who voted for him. Bad fans !!! Then he'll love me forever and we will ride off into the .......................sorry, I forgot to take my medication
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    Mr ZelxMr Zelx Posts: 18
    iwasthere wrote:

I totally disagree. I have found his speeches are always captivating and memorable. He has great comic timing and really speaks from the heart. Crazy to put him on that list and not Bush. Guess the website doesnt want to upset man at top.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I think all of you are seriously misunderestimating President Bush's public speaking ability.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I think all of you are seriously misunderestimating President Bush's public speaking ability.

LOL...that's why I love the internetz
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Of course Anna Nicole Smith is a poor public speaker, her mouth is full of dirt...

True- she is kind of dead! What a dumb list. Arn't there more important things to write about on MSNBC.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Ed uses a lot of "umms," during shows, but his REM, Neil Young, and Ramones HOF speeches were very good.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Ed uses a lot of "umms," during shows, but his REM, Neil Young, and Ramones HOF speeches were very good.

I was just going to mention that...and aren't those largely the only public speeches he's given? Weird, dumb poll.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the poll is really dumb, but I can't help but agree that Ed is not a very "fluent" public speaker.
  • Options
    Dark GrinDark Grin Posts: 33
    I voted for Ed. I was just excited to see him still listed as a celebrity!
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Courtney Love...hands down...she's a dumbass
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    iwasthere wrote:
    True but when the speech is already written and in front of him, he nails it.

Just refer to all the R&R Hall of Fame Inductee ceremonies and even in Walk Hard he nailed it.

When he stumbles it’s because he’s basing statements on current thoughts and searching for the right words and probably nerves too.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    iwasthere wrote:

I love it :)

classic
  • Options
    True but when the speech is already written and in front of him, he nails it.

Just refer to all the R&R Hall of Fame Inductee ceremonies and even in Walk Hard he nailed it.

When he stumbles it’s because he’s basing statements on current thoughts and searching for the right words and probably nerves too.

well reading index cards isn't exactly difficult.
    thank god he chose to be a rock star instead of a public speaker. the mumbling and index card reading just makes him cooler.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    MrSmith wrote:
    well reading index cards isn't exactly difficult.
    thank god he chose to be a rock star instead of a public speaker. the mumbling and index card reading just makes him cooler.
    You're right, but I can tell you from my personal experiences even reading a queue/index card in front of thousands of people can be nerve racking hence a horrible speech.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    DCRONIN wrote:
    I voted for Ed, just for the fun of it.

It's a stupid pole anyway.
    Ed's on a pole?

what did I miss?
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 713
    agreed, stupid
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I voted for Ed, just because he is on the list. Stupid poll.
    The W, would have won this by a mile, if the person who did the poll had the balls to put him on the list.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV