x
7----|
-|--7-7-7-7-7
9/10
|
-|
|
G1 I__________ Oh_____________ I'm still alive hey_______ 2x

I cannot get this to fit, particularly the last bit, doesn't sound like enough notes to me, and no one on youtube plays this.

Any advice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I always used the "Ten" book tab, but it's the same notes in a differnet plae.

The 777, is a fragment of a D chord. You play that big D chord for like a beat and a half, then pick teh individial notes that follow fairly quickly.

The bits that precede it are just fragmnents of E and G chords. Just play em as open chords near the neck, it'll sound fine. The progression is E, G, D, A

If there was a treble staff with the timing laid out, it would be a lot clearer.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Try opening Alive in Windows Media Player and slowing it down to half speed. That will make a lot easier to hear the individual notes.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i play the chords and the little fill over the A down in the open position. seems to sound fine to me. the fill down on the 2nd and 3rd frets seems to have the right tonality to me.

never actually looked up how stone plays it.
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I remember feeling the same the one day it just clicked into place, its correct
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • exhausted wrote:
    i play the chords and the little fill over the A down in the open position. seems to sound fine to me. the fill down on the 2nd and 3rd frets seems to have the right tonality to me.

never actually looked up how stone plays it.
    Me too.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"