Atlanta Jam Heads!

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey everyone. i'm headed to Norcross, GA to reside on Sunday, i'm driving so it's gonna be a long one..and gas certainly won't make it easier..anyways, i was wondering if there were any musicians, jam heads, non-assholes willing to give some southern hospitality and meet someone new...

c'mon...i'm new!!
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'm just around 285 from you in Sandy Springs.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Well, I am up the road a few hours in Charlotte, NC. Ok, so that doesn't help......
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I recorded in a really cool studio in Norcross called Tree Sound.
    Since you'll be in the area, check it out: http://www.treesoundstudios.com/index2.htm

Also, I did some session work in Atlanta in late January and early February 2000.
    I ended up recording with a local artists named John Mayer (just before he got signed).
    Anyhow, John told me about this cool place where he played open mic every week called Eddie's Attic .
    Eddie's Attic is in Decatur, about 30 minutes south of Norcross (like 15 miles or so), so not very far.
    http://www.eddiesattic.com/ I think the Open Mic is on Mondays.
    Anyhow, we went down and had a good time playing there.
    Maybe check it out - you might find some cool people to play/hang with.
    Hey, I don't live there, but maybe this'll give you some options . . .
    Ohh Yeah, try this : http://www.openmicatlanta.com/renovation/
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Open Mic Atlanta is all over on different nights. They do a great job and it's good fun.

I think Eddies Attic is still on Mondays, Decatur is an easy drive anyhow, from norcross just take 85 south to clairmont and head south you'll run into downtown decatur and Eddies is right there.

On the Northeast side, There is a place called the Northside Tavern and they have a great open Blues Jam. I believe this is also on monday nights, they have some semblence of a website but I'm not sure what it is.

Tree sound are good folks, many many local bands record there. It's one of the preferred rock studios.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    awesome! i'm going to have to check all these places out for sure...
    i need a beer drinking buddy too...anyone game?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2