Gibson Victory

The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone here familliar with the Gibson Victory from the early 80's? If so, what are the pros and cons? I can get one for around $600, but am unfamilliar with them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ah, the Gibson Stratocaster*.

*Note: Not actual Stratocaster.

Dunno anything about them, except they're pretty cool-looking. But pore over these:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Gibson/Victory+MV-II/10/1

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Gibson/Victory+MV-X/10/1
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Couple of cool reviews and lucky finds. I never find cool things in pawn shops or other peoples garages sales. I fantasize about it though...
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    - The Gibson Victory was made between '81-'84. It's a lower end Gibson electric, so spend wisely.
    - Which version of the Victory, the MVII or MVX??? The MVII (MV2) has 2-pickups. The MVX (MV10) has 3-humbuckers.
    - It was an okay guitar, not worth a lot of $$ - the value really depends on the condition and how desirable it is (and for me playability).
    - The prices I have available are for Excellent All Original Condition.
    - Excellent means a little wear, but the instrument is well maintained with NO significant blemishes, wear, repairs, or damage.
    - All Original means the instrument has the parts and finish it had when it left the factory. Replacement parts and refinishes
    can greatly affect the value, as can the appropriate case (this is a lower $$ instrument, so cases aren't really as important).
    - Wheeeew, anyhow in Excellent All Original Condition the MVII is worth between $700-$1000.
    - In Excellent All Original Condition the MVX is worth between $900-$1200.
    - As I said, price really depends on condition and desirability (and playability).
    Cheers . . . Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫