Danelectro Pedals

The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was looking into pedals and noticed Danelectro has some real inexpensive pedals out there. Are they any good, or are they crap? Kind of hard to get past the goofy food based names too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    some have good reputations and some have bad reputations. there is one distortion pedal called "black coffee" or something like that, and it is said to be a pretty good distortion pedal.
  • Good question. There's a Danelectro rotary effect pedal going in a second hand shop near me, called Rocky Road. Being a Univibe-type obsessive, I'm wondering. For an inexpensive pedal, is it any good?
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    MLC2006 wrote:
    some have good reputations and some have bad reputations. there is one distortion pedal called "black coffee" or something like that, and it is said to be a pretty good distortion pedal.
    Black Coffee is good. Pastrami sounds exactly like the DS-1. I LOVE the PB&J Delay effect for short delays. I use the Milkshake chorus as a fast chorus/vibe. Don't step on the like BOSS pedals and you'll be okay. The Hashbrowns flanger is good too.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Danelectro Pedals - well it's a personal opinion, but Dano pedals are tonesucking CRAP
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i was a sales manager at Guitar Center for about 4 years, some were good, some were retuned on a regular basis.

for the money though, you almost cant beat em. even if its just to have laying around, cause ya never know when you might need the different sound.

as your main pedal for whatever effect, i dont see it. or hear it i should say.

hope this helps.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    The minis don't usually suck tone but are very fragile. The other ones (Dan-echo, COolat, ect) probably suck tone like a mother. I do know Stone used a Dan-echo for a while though which songs he used it on, I'm oblivious. Jimi Paige used a Danelectro guitar from what I've read as well.
  • The Fish And Chips EQ is brilliant and the Tuna Melt tremolo is great too. Those two are the real gems in the series. I've heard the PB&J delay is great too.
    Oddly enough, reading about dano minis makes me pretty hungry....
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I have the tuna melt tremolo, the pastrami overdrive, the milkshake chorus, and the hash browns flanger.... had them all for about 4+ years now with no problems. and considering I picked them up for $20 Aus each, i couldn't be happier!!!
  • ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    i've got the FAB distortion. i'm more into overdrive than just straight up distortion but this pedal does sound pretty sweet for what it is. never had any technical issues with it.
    FABs...I never got into those like I did the minis