Parting Ways

korbykorby Posts: 298
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
its pouring rain. thought id learn a new song

im really feeling it. just cant get the timing.

tried Youtube for lessons. no luck.

i need advice on this one. it sounds so simple but seems there r 2 parts played in the beginning.
its ok
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• korbykorby Posts: 298
    korby wrote:
    its pouring rain. thought id learn a new song

im really feeling it. just cant get the timing.

tried Youtube for lessons. no luck.

i need advice on this one. it sounds so simple but seems there r 2 parts played in the beginning.

just watched ED and NIEL FINN on utube playing this. BEAUTIFUL.

is that on DVD.? i want it
    its ok
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    korby wrote:
    just watched ED and NIEL FINN on utube playing this. BEAUTIFUL.

is that on DVD.? i want it

Not sure, but I think this is from the 7 worlds collide dvd. I've been meaning to purchase it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. So, not sure...

http://www.amazon.com/7-Worlds-Collide-James-Friends/dp/B000060MVU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0322432-5081617?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1181091096&sr=8-1
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    It's a smople figure, forming the first chord E, and using your index and pinky to alternate teh notes that changeon teh D string. The first two notes are longer, then the Dstring notes are half the length. Then when you shift to the A chord, same thing. It's teh smae Major/sus4/Majo/sus2 figure on both chords, most often played off a D chord. You are prrobably familiar with it there in many many songs.

Does that help ??

Of course, a tab with a treble staff would tell you exactly.

Are you listening PJ ?? Publish !!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
    It's a smople figure, forming the first chord E, and using your index and pinky to alternate teh notes that changeon teh D string. The first two notes are longer, then the Dstring notes are half the length. Then when you shift to the A chord, same thing. It's teh smae Major/sus4/Majo/sus2 figure on both chords, most often played off a D chord. You are prrobably familiar with it there in many many songs.

Does that help ??

Of course, a tab with a treble staff would tell you exactly.

Are you listening PJ ?? Publish !!!!!

i find watching the fingers easier for me to learn from. i forget chord names
    its ok
    korby wrote:
    i find watching the fingers easier for me to learn from. i forget chord names

yeah, I figured that it wouldn't help much, but unless you can drop arounf for a jam, it's the best i can do.
    i will say that you won't get far with guitar without at leat some basic knowledge of chord names and knowing a few notes. it's true you don't need much, but learing your basic Major chords is not that hard, and will help massively to learn stuff. often a seemingly complex set of finger changes become really smple one you realise it's just a chord grip [played a bit at a time.
    Man of teh Hour is a great example, looks hard but its just C and G with just a couple of strings platyed at at time.
    yeah, I figured that it wouldn't help much, but unless you can drop arounf for a jam, it's the best i can do.
    i will say that you won't get far with guitar without at leat some basic knowledge of chord names and knowing a few notes. it's true you don't need much, but learing your basic Major chords is not that hard, and will help massively to learn stuff. often a seemingly complex set of finger changes become really smple one you realise it's just a chord grip [played a bit at a time.
    Man of teh Hour is a great example, looks hard but its just C and G with just a couple of strings platyed at at time.
    can i drop by for a jam ?
    its ok
    korby wrote:
    can i drop by for a jam ?

Where are you ?
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    get the tab off http://www.giventowail.com and play along to the studio version of the song looking at that. its pretty accurate i must say :)

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99