Anyone used a Line6 Floor POD?

Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Looking to buy a reasonably priced multi FX pedal. Have been recommended a Line6 Floor POD. Anyone used one and are they all they are cracked up to be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I have used the floor pod pro (the older one not the X3) and it works fine, as with any you have to spend enough time with them tweaking them to get the right sounds. It just depends on your application. I like the variety of outputs for recording etc.

If you're only looking for effects you may not need all that it can do.

It is a very nice well constructed and thought out pedal for the most part. As with almost all modelling preamps, they sound best through clean; PA style or uncolored configurations.

The Roland/Boss stuff is nice too.

Generally, I hate all this stuff for live performance they almost always whatever they are sound overly compressed and unnatural.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    CRAP - if they were any good for live shows you'd see the pro's using them (but unfortunately you don't).
    They work better if you keep the signal digital (for direct recording), but I think for live work it sucks.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Similar to what Ian touched on... I've heard they're actually pretty decent for recording, but absolute shit live.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Thanks for the info fellas. It's strictly for using at home, so the live issues won't come into play. I just want something that I can use at home with the headphones and wail away to some jam tracks. If anybody can recommend something better within my budget of $300 / £150, it would be appreciated.
  • For me it's just to thin live. Recording I've used a POD for layering, but that's about it. Rather go with the real deal.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Thanks for the info fellas. It's strictly for using at home, so the live issues won't come into play. I just want something that I can use at home with the headphones and wail away to some jam tracks. If anybody can recommend something better within my budget of $300 / £150, it would be appreciated.

That's where it will be in it's best application. For that money, I know you won't have the foot pedals, but I'd probably go with a regular Pod XT. if you really change effects a ton you can get a switching unit later, but for 300 bucks. The POD XT is perfect for using at home with some headphones.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • They haven't any warmth, and you can spend too long onstage farting about with its "live electronics" and forget about your playing.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    At home (through headphones) try this: click: Korg Toneworks PX4D. I have the older blue
    version (PX4), and I always take it with me on the road for quite practice through decent headphones.
    It runs on either 4 AAA batteries or an adaptor, and it really helped me out alot on the last tour (when I
    needed to practice on the bus between gigs, or when I was really bored). There's even an AUX in so you
    can play along with a recording, CD's, IPOD, etc - I never leave home without the PX4 in my bag (look
    at all the functions, effects, emulations, etc, it has for 1/2 the cost of the Floor POD). As you'd expect,
    it sounds like crap plugged into an amp (thin and wimpy just like all the POD stuff), but if kept it the digital
    realm or through headphones it sounds good (and even cheap ear-buds like Sony's MDR-E828LP work well).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>