scratching

swans05swans05 Posts: 108
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
how to do it??

prime example: baba o reilly on msg dvd just after the quite part before "sally take my hand"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can't really picture what you're talking about with that part of the song (brain is working slowly right now..) but are you talking about sliding your pick down the strings?

Just cram your pick against the low strings and slide up the neck. The higher the gain the better.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • swans05swans05 Posts: 108
    i'll give it a crack...i think i've tried that but more practice required obviously..thanks mate
  • high gain, and a loose palm mute on the bridge, and just make sure your pick flows through the strings ncie so you get a consistant sound and feelign to the gain.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • This doesn't require any practice. It's the first thing I ever did on the guitar that I thought was cool.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    This doesn't require any practice. It's the first thing I ever did on the guitar that I thought was cool.

so you did it perfectly the first time you did it?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    When you turn up the reverb and gain and slowly scratch in the direction of the headstock, it almost sounds like a plane crashing. It's pretty cool.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win