Footsteps tabs

chorduroychorduroy Posts: 72
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is a very easy song to play although Im a bit confused on the chorus part - most stuff Ive seen say that the chorus is just a G to A progression repeated but when playing it and comparing it to the song it doesnt sound right...sounds like there is something missing - possibly an eminor or as A sus?.....Any of you fellow fiddlers have any suggestions or tips on this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I'm no expert by any means.

But I always thought the chorus was a C chord and whatever is it called when you slide that C chord up two frets. It's some form of D.

It's a lot easier to play than it is to explain.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    check the tab on http://www.giventowail.com mate, its pretty much spot on. except for the big after the chorus where eddie goes 'if there was a reason....' where you strum Em a couple times, according to the tab it ends on a normal C chord (x 3 2 0 1 x) but it doesn't sound right. its another form of C chord but i can't put my finger on what it is. anyone?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Em, D/F#, G, A

if you are not sure what D/F# is, it's

e-X
    B-3
    G-2
    D-0
    A-X
    E-2
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Em, D/F#, G, A

e-X
    B-3
    G-2
    D-0
    A-X
    E-2

Yeh, that's how I play it.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Em, D/F#, G, A

e-X
    B-3
    G-2
    D-0
    A-X
    E-2

Hi,

I'm just picking up guitar and had a question about the above chord. Do you not play the "X" strings on that chord? If not, how do you avoid those strings while still playing the other strings fast enough to produce one sound?

Pretty cool stuff, though. Thanks in advance!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Em, D/F#, G, A

e-X
    B-3
    G-2
    D-0
    A-X
    E-2

It seems live now Stone lets the high E and B strings ring open.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Washed wrote:
    Hi,

I'm just picking up guitar and had a question about the above chord. Do you not play the "X" strings on that chord? If not, how do you avoid those strings while still playing the other strings fast enough to produce one sound?

Pretty cool stuff, though. Thanks in advance!
    Be lazy with the fingers pressing down on the E and B strings. Instead of keeping those fingers clear of the other strings just flatten them a bit so they deaden the A and e strings respectively (i.e. the strings below those fingers). If anything, it's easier than playing the chord without the Xs since it allows you to be a bit messier with your finger positioning.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    fowls wrote:
    Be lazy with the fingers pressing down on the E and B strings. Instead of keeping those fingers clear of the other strings just flatten them a bit so they deaden the A and e strings respectively (i.e. the strings below those fingers). If anything, it's easier than playing the chord without the Xs since it allows you to be a bit messier with your finger positioning.

Very cool...thanks!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways