Pickguard on Eddie's Tele

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, So for some reason I've always been drawn to the tele that Eddie used for the 2006 tour. What I like most is the custom Who pickguard. What I was wondering is how could I customize a pickguard to look like that? I just think it looks sharp. Any help?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WESWES Posts: 168
    gaffer tape. slice it up and stick it on
  • Someone on here had some Who stickers (with the Bullseye logo). I can't remember who but they might be on here still.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • has anyone on here actually done that to there guitar that you know of?
  • Yeah, again, I can't remember who though. They're on this board though.
  • Alright. The gaffer tape idea seems pretty good. Do you think that would look alright? I want it to look good, not trashy. You know what I mean? What would be the best way to do it?
  • Haha, I hope I'm not asking too many questions
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Someone on here had some Who stickers (with the Bullseye logo). I can't remember who but they might be on here still.

i think it was Dunkman.

Edit: yes it was Dunkman. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/dunkman1974/target_sticker.jpg
  • Haha, I hope I'm not asking too many questions
    Never! That's what this forum is about! Thanks PJ_Gurl for finding out who it was, by the way.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    Alright. The gaffer tape idea seems pretty good. Do you think that would look alright? I want it to look good, not trashy. You know what I mean? What would be the best way to do it?

almost 100% sure thats what Ed used. Its definitely not painted on the pickguard.
  • Thanks for the help! One more question. Where can I buy gaffers tape from? I asked about everyone, and no one even knows what it is!
  • I put some blue painter's tape on my tele pickguard, cut with a razor blade, and it looked cool as hell. The best part was it came off real easy.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Thanks for the help! One more question. Where can I buy gaffers tape from? I asked about everyone, and no one even knows what it is!

A guitar store should have it but I have only ever seen it in grey and black. I never heard of it being available in any other colour. A sticker would be a lot easier and cheaper.
  • working in TV or film... you know all about gaffer's tape. literally the best tape in the world. doesn't leave residue on anything. it's even used on studio lights to block light... and can peel off without any crap being left.

i dont know what the last guy was thinking... but no, you can't buy it a guitar shop. i would say your best bet is:

markertek.com

search "gaffers tape". make sure not to get the cheaper duct tape. get the real deal if you want to do it right.
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • and also you can get the mod target (by the way, that's what it's called) anywhere, easiest would be ebay.
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II