Tell me what you think...

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, so earlier this month, my church had a talent show. So i figured that it would be cool to get some people to back me for a Pearl Jam song i had learned a few months prior (have been playing less than a year.) I performed it and think i did decent on it, but was wondering what you all thought. Would you mind to take the time to watch a video of me playing Parting Ways and telling me what you think? Don't be too harsh on me.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6072984974769603548&hl=en
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Ok, so earlier this month, my church had a talent show. So i figured that it would be cool to get some people to back me for a Pearl Jam song i had learned a few months prior (have been playing less than a year.) I performed it and think i did decent on it, but was wondering what you all thought. Would you mind to take the time to watch a video of me playing Parting Ways and telling me what you think? Don't be too harsh on me.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6072984974769603548&hl=en

I think you did great. Well done.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That sounds great! Good job! Is that you playing the guitar and singing or are you playing the bass? The singer sounds fantastic, so if that's you, great job!
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Thanks! Yeah its me playing guitar and singing. Everyone said i did well, but i wanted people who knew Pearl Jam like i do to hear it as well. I appreciate the comments
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    To get up, sing like that, and play with confidence after less than a year?
    Kudos to you. I think you did a great job! :)
    Honestly man, to sing and play like that for anybody not to mention the fact that you have played for less than a year, I'm amazed. Great job. Keep it up! What other Pearl Jam songs can you play?
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Thanks again, It still is nerver-racking to play in front of people, but I'm getting a bit more comfortable with it. Umm...I can play I Am Mine, I Got Id, Around the Bend(working on the vocals with it), Gone, Trouble(if that counts), Driftin', Black(an acousticish version of it, doesn't sound like the studio, but it sounds good with vocal), Last Kiss, Eddies version of I won't Back Down and a few others that i cant remember at the moment.
    Good for you man. You must practice a lot to be that good for less than a year.