Sunburst or Black Fender Tele

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thats the decision i need to make. I'd go with a blue one, but they only have these two in the store. So, which one do yall think looks better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SwitchSwitch Posts: 119
    Black with White scratchplate, or Black with no/black scratchplate and white trim. Sunburst is common/strat like. You got a tele, make it classy, not trashy.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Switch wrote:
    Black with White scratchplate, or Black with no/black scratchplate and white trim. Sunburst is common/strat like. You got a tele, make it classy, not trashy.
    +1
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Does it have binding?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    black with white scratchplate.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haha. i'm left-handed. all i ever get to chose from is black and sunburst with fender. for the most part.

i prefer the sunburst. black is boring to me.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Left Handed tele's . . .
    Well, between the sunburst and black I'd prefer the sunburst because I like to see wood.
    But which do you like best, it's your color choice, not ours -- Remember, you can always special order a different color:
    AMERICAN VINTAGE SERIES.
    This is an in Butterscotch Blonde Maple (my personal favorite, as I said I like to see wood).
    STANDARD SERIES.
    These come in: Brown Sunburst Maple, Black Maple, Chrome Red Maple, Midnight Wine Maple, and Electron Blue Maple.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It depends, is it single coil or humbuckers?

With single coil teles butterscotch blonde or sunburst is the only way to go.
    With humbucker and fat teles I prefer either black or sunburst, but both look good.

But that's my personal taste.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • go blonde/butterscotch :)

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Switch wrote:

+2
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Mine is sunburst and I put a black pickguard on it. Very hot.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Mine is sunburst with a pearl white pickguard. Looks drop dead gorgeous if you ask me. Butterscotch or blonde would be my second choice.
    Mine is sunburst with a pearl white pickguard. Looks drop dead gorgeous if you ask me. Butterscotch or blonde would be my second choice.
    I like the sunburst/pearl combo on the tele.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    blonde or butterscotch with a black guard is the only color for me.....
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I like the sunburst/pearl combo on the tele.
    plus a maple neck: sweet :)
  • Are you serious? Sunburst is the only answer here.

Pure class and style all the way.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    go blonde/butterscotch :)

with black pick guard

classic tele
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Sunburst definetly. Can´t stand Teles in black. Doesn´t fit to that style in my eyes.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Get_Right wrote:
    with black pick guard

classic tele

Classic and not overly common.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    I'd go for black... I have one and it's beautiful and shiney!! Black is never out of fashion!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
    CornishMan wrote:
    I'd go for black... I have one and it's beautiful and shiney!! Black is never out of fashion!
    Nor is sunburst.
    Nor is sunburst.

Very true!! Sunburst is pretty sweet too! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
    IMO, the best is the classic blonde/black pickgaurd/maple neck combo (Think Bruce on the cover of the big live record)

Although it hasn't come up, Candy Apple Red with rosewood (Muddy Waters) looks really good.

As well as sunburst, looks badass.

Hell, teles look good period!

Damnit, you got me wanting a tele now, thanks... (fucking G.A.S.)
  • SwitchSwitch Posts: 119
    I see people also adding butterscotch blonde to the list, in which case, i'd say Butterscotch Blonde with black scratchplate.
    I reckon any colour/color Tele is a sound investment! :cool: