Finally finished my pedal boards!

Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all, after a long tedious journey (including plenty of Q&A with board members - thanks guys) I have finally finished my pedal boards. Room left for one more possibly in the future. I was thinking maybe a whammy.

Now all I have to worry about is my tone sounding like its travelled through the pacific ocean before it reached my amp! I have tried it with my epi les paul and cant really notice a difference. Im thinking it might affect the sound with my strat but. Hopefully it will be ok as most have good buffers i think. Anyway :-

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/Kegzy05/Pedal%20board/?action=view&current=20080701_0015.jpg
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/Kegzy05/Pedal%20board/?action=view&current=20080701_0016.jpg
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/Kegzy05/Pedal%20board/?action=view&current=20080701_0017.jpg
"I dont question, our existence
I just question, our modern needs"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Very cool, the exact opposite of me but still very cool. The most pedals I ever use is a OCD, Tuner and a tremolo.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    It looks great but do you need that amount of pedals?
    Are you a pro?
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Haha, about as many pedals as I have on my board. Seems SOMEONE is a fan of Keeley mods ;)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
    Django wrote:
    Are you a pro?

Some people might think I dont need that many but I honestly use them all. Its one thing playing one style of music and you only need/use certain ones but if your covering a wide array of artists (Pearl Jam,U2,Incubus,Foo fighters,Rage against the machine etc, all with their different sounds and effects) I find that they all come in handy, bar maybe the Fuzz wah and the OD-3.

I am far off professional but I guess my other point is... Its my passion and I love doing it, and I can think of a million other things that would be much more of a waste of money.

I figured this would be the kind of response i would get anyway.. Just thought I would share them.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    great pedalboard !
    i'm a bassist and I started a pedalboard. I only have 3 pedals until now but I know I will soon have more, even many more... electro-harmonix and EBS make great bass pedals !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    hey man, what kind of wah's are those? I'm curious cause I just bought a Cry Baby classic.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
    hey man, what kind of wah's are those? I'm curious cause I just bought a Cry Baby classic.
    MOD IT!
    Julien wrote:
    great pedalboard !
    i'm a bassist and I started a pedalboard. I only have 3 pedals until now but I know I will soon have more, even many more... electro-harmonix and EBS make great bass pedals !
    my body has an EBS OLD Bass Octave he just bought and adores it.
  • Nice job, man. That is a really great looking setup. I have that Pro Co. Rat model and I love it. You really have quite an arsenel of distortions and overdrives. Those Eventides are really top notch, too. Good luck with those boards. They should serve you well for years to come.
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    MOD IT!

? ..
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Kegzy05 wrote:
    Now all I have to worry about is my tone sounding like its travelled through the pacific ocean before it reached my amp!
    that made me smile.

it's a bit busier looking than mine ;), but if it works for you then that's awesome. congrats on getting it finished, enjoy!
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Kegzy05 wrote:
    Some people might think I dont need that many but I honestly use them all. Its one thing playing one style of music and you only need/use certain ones but if your covering a wide array of artists (Pearl Jam,U2,Incubus,Foo fighters,Rage against the machine etc, all with their different sounds and effects) I find that they all come in handy, bar maybe the Fuzz wah and the OD-3.

I am far off professional but I guess my other point is... Its my passion and I love doing it, and I can think of a million other things that would be much more of a waste of money.

I figured this would be the kind of response i would get anyway.. Just thought I would share them.

That's the obvious good answer to that question.
    I am slowly creeping toward pedal inclination for exactly the same reason.
    So, I only do one song in it that calls for phaser. With it sounds right, without, OK, but not quite right.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    I see your still short on Over Drive pedals then... ;)
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Makes my sister's old make-up case look a bit entry level. :D
  • Double post.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Django wrote:
    Are you a pro?

I'm not a pro, and I need that amount of pedals ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"

One is a crybaby 535Q and the other is a jimi hendrix fuzz wah. The 535 is amazing but to be honest I dont get alot of use out of the other one.
    Hey thanks all for your comments! Appreciate it :)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Finally got around to taking a pic of my current set-up:

http://www.dreamt.org/spinfrog/guitars/Pedalboard.jpg

At some point I will drag out my old pedalboard and see if I can get everything onto both. For now, yeah, there's spillover onto the floor. What's a pedal addict to do?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Very nice
  • Kegzy05 wrote:

Now all I have to worry about is my tone sounding like its travelled through the pacific ocean before it reached my amp!

Try a Route 66 OD/Comp pedal

it has a GREAT !! buffer and you will never have a problem no matter how many pedals or how long a cord .
    This city's so filthy, like my mind in ways!