Yellow Ledbetter

dimitriherremandimitriherreman Posts: 115
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am learning Yellow Ledbetter on the guitar and everything is going good so far , but can someone help me with a chord and show it , I play it this way :

e: 7
b: 7
g: 8
d: 9
a: 7
E: 7

It's the chord in the intro , where you first play 9p7 on the hig e , and then roll into that chord ...

Well I play it that way , but it's kinda hard to do it on time because I first slide with my thumb on the low E to 7 , and if I take that barré chord I must move my thumb all the way down to grab the chord properly , so I lose much time that way. ( Hope you now what I mean ...)

I see people playing it without barre to , but how do you keep your thumb over the neck , and still be able to fret the e and b string on the 7th fret ( bcause you first do a pull of from 9)

|-barre chords are here-|
-|
|
9p7
7-9--|-7p5
|
-|
|
7-7--|-5
5---5--|
-|
9---9h11p9
|
8---8-8--|-6
6h7p6--|
-|----9----9
11-|----9
9---9----|-7
7--7
|
-|----9h11
|
|
|
|-/7
|
|

I'm sorry for my bad englisch , and you have to excuse me for the crappy explanation , but I hope somebody can tell me how to grab that little barre on the 1,2,3 and 4th string ...

Thanks in advance Dimitri.
Oh and merry christmass to you all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    I am learning Yellow Ledbetter on the guitar and everything is going good so far , but can someone help me with a chord and show it , I play it this way :

e: 7
    b: 7
    g: 8
    d: 9
    a: 7
    E: 7

It's the chord in the intro , where you first play 9p7 on the hig e , and then roll into that chord ...

Well I play it that way , but it's kinda hard to do it on time because I first slide with my thumb on the low E to 7 , and if I take that barré chord I must move my thumb all the way down to grab the chord properly , so I lose much time that way. ( Hope you now what I mean ...)

I see people playing it without barre to , but how do you keep your thumb over the neck , and still be able to fret the e and b string on the 7th fret ( bcause you first do a pull of from 9)

|-barre chords are here-|
    -|
    |
    9p7
    7-9--|-7p5
    |
    -|
    |
    7-7--|-5
    5---5--|
    -|
    9---9h11p9
    |
    8---8-8--|-6
    6h7p6--|
    -|----9----9
    11-|----9
    9---9----|-7
    7--7
    |
    -|----9h11
    |
    |
    |
    |-/7
    |
    |

I'm sorry for my bad englisch , and you have to excuse me for the crappy explanation , but I hope somebody can tell me how to grab that little barre on the 1,2,3 and 4th string ...

Thanks in advance Dimitri.
    Oh and merry christmass to you all

You don't need to play the A string. This SHOULD help with the thumb. I think I had the same problem. Mainly, it's all about practice.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • allright , gonna practise on it :)
    Thank you !

Dimi